Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: The Vacuum Thread!

I think I need that.
    sputnik likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    BUMP because I just bought myself a Dyson V6 handstick at 30% off and after doing only one room I've going to change my FB status to "in a relationship". Yep, I've found true love.

My old Volta kicked arse as far as picking up dust, but it was so heavy and cumbersome and was always scraping paint off my skirting boards when I'd pull it too hard. The Dyson is so light, it's like pushing around a loud broom. It didn't take long to get used to how mobile the head is and the only cons so far are the short battery time and the way the air blows in my face if I don't hold it at a certain angle.

I think I'm going to sling it over my shoulder like a sword and just vacuum whenever I want while I randomly walk around the house, like some kind of cleaning superhero. The Dust Slayer.
    Are you still loving this? I am considering getting one with a fluffy head.
    I have long hair and a cat. Do you have to clean hair off the floor attachments much? I bought a little cordless sweeper which I hate. I have to take it apart and clean the brushes after every use.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Bumping this over-a-year-old-thread.

My cheap Bissell I got at Wal-Mart 4 years ago messed up on me. Not the motor....one of the damn attachments got stuck to the hose and it broke off and well, I paid like $35 for it so whatever. Good suction though and picked up pet hair quite well.

Plan on getting one of the upright Hoovers for pet hair. My favorite vacuum though, was an old Rainbow my mom passed down to me because she wanted to go back to some expensive Electrolux canister vacuum. That Rainbow was fabulous in that it picked up things you didn't know existed in your carpet. And it was quiet. Then the sweeper part went out and was going to be like $300 to fix. It lasted about 20 years though.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Are you still loving this? I am considering getting one with a fluffy head.
    I have long hair and a cat. Do you have to clean hair off the floor attachments much? I bought a little cordless sweeper which I hate. I have to take it apart and clean the brushes after every use.
    I did get that cordless Dyson and I really love it. I can't speak on how it is with carpeting, I have wood floors throughout. But it has made whipping out the vacuum a real joy.
    faithanne and Bluebonnet like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I'm finally getting back to you with a Dyson report, sprynkles, but I'm glad you went ahead anyway and are loving it as much as I do. And yes, it's very important to clean the brush regularly - I learned the hard way when I had to get them to send out a new one because some of the bristles were missing and it was stopping the airflow. Not sure whether it was too much of my long hair wrapping around and breaking them, or something else, but now I'm cleaning the new one religiously. Luckily it was still within the warranty period.

Apart from that, the love affair is still going strong.
    sprynkles likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I found something when looking for a steam mop.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...word=crosswave

I wouldn't use it for wall to wall carpeting, but it works FANTASTICALLY on hardwood floors with area rugs. It dries quickly. The area rugs stay damp for a few minutes then they're dry and soft. Plus, it picks up anything left on the floor. I haven't taken my $600 Dyson out of the closet since I bought this thing. My kid had a stomach virus last week and threw up all over the bathroom. I vacuumed it up (yes, yes, I did ... if I had gotten closer to it, I would have thrown up myself), took out the tank and thoroughly sanitized it (ran water with antibacterial through the machine in the tub), then sprayed Lysol all over the floor and went over it again.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I still love my Shark Rocket Ultralight (costs about $160). Light as a feather and works amazingly well. Super-long cord, too. And I am STILL the only one in the house who is allowed to use it.

Bronze Member

^ I have the Dyson version of that and I love it. And it's cordless!
    sprynkles likes this.

I knew I should have gotten my wood floors sealed when I had a chance. Now it's too late - spots and stains that refused to be moved without vigorous scrubbing - ugh.

My Hoover vacuum is on its last legs - it's ten years old and not sucking up dirt and dust like it should.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    This is the lowest price I think I've even seen on HSN. You can even break up the payments. I think it's just for this weekend.

$329.95 You save $70.00 today!
    or 5 FlexPays of $65. FREE SHIPPING

Roomba® 650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Bundle with 2 Aero Vac Filters | HSN

I would only get a Roomba simply for this reason:

sprynkles and MohandasKGanja like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I still love my Shark Rocket Ultralight (costs about $160). Light as a feather and works amazingly well. Super-long cord, too. And I am STILL the only one in the house who is allowed to use it.

really? i had that briefly and replaced it with a miele because while it did have ok suction (but nothing like a miele), it was noisy and clunky as hell. the head is really high so didn't fit under furniture and in tight spots and i just didn't find it easy to maneuver at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    My Hoover vacuum is on its last legs - it's ten years old and not sucking up dirt and dust like it should.
    i just got this baby:
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...58?brandId=397

great quality and quiet and easy to maneuver, and works really well on wood floors and area rugs and it comes with two heads, and a bunch of attachments for crevices, upholstery, etc.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information