Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: The Vacuum Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Let the jellus bitterness begin! Here's my newest family member:

They have one on sale fro 130 - I'm thinking of getting one - would you recommend it? How is it on pet hair?
    Its a MIELE Complete C3 Extreme PowerLine Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
    Free Charmed.

I think it's pretty good on pet hair. I've got a shedding Lab and a long haired kitty. The hair comes off the sofa with ease. I also like how close it gets to the walls. I don't have to detach the power head and used a tool to get along the wall/baseboards.

I'm getting this attachment tomorrow. The mini turbo tool. It's for the furniture.

Nevan, Novice and sputnik like this.

Please keep the updates coming, KrisNine!

^^No problem

As I've said the only problem I see, so far, is cord length. Not really a big deal, but the cord seems a lot shorter than the cord on my old Dyson. Probably because it's retractable, instead of the kind you wrap around.

The canister is very light and has a power button that sort of self propels the head.
    sputnik likes this.

Thanks Kris!

I love the attachment for furniture, but I have multiple covers on my furniture as MrN is v dirty & despite my nagging does not seem to GAF that I hate that he sits on my (ex-)decent sofa in his work kegs.

I shall pick up a miele on the way home . My new treat, since I am really struggling to use the Kirby (even if it is fab!)
    KrisNine likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Thanks Kris!

I love the attachment for furniture, but I have multiple covers on my furniture as MrN is v dirty & despite my nagging does not seem to GAF that I hate that he sits on my (ex-)decent sofa in his work kegs.

I shall pick up a miele on the way home . My new treat, since I am really struggling to use the Kirby (even if it is fab!)
    The miele has a very low setting to be used on furniture covers, drapes, curtains, etc. It gives things a light dusting.

LOL! I need "suck-like-a-whore-from-a-3rd-world-country" setting to get all the crap up!
    I think that one could grow potatos on our kitchen floor - and the dog is the clean on of the pair!
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^No problem

As I've said the only problem I see, so far, is cord length. Not really a big deal, but the cord seems a lot shorter than the cord on my old Dyson. Probably because it's retractable, instead of the kind you wrap around.

The canister is very light and has a power button that sort of self propels the head.
    As I put the box down, I thought "ooh! buts its 7.511 mtrs?!?" - I see that the cat/dog one is only 5 mtrs (16 feet to you guys), so I can see the issue.

OMG! That head is like 25?!? I thought it would be much more.
    I'm thinking of getting the Allergotech brush but it'll have to wait for a while.
    Last edited by Novice; March 3rd, 2016 at 04:54 PM.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I'm lusting after Krisnine's vacuum.
    sputnik and KrisNine like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Yeah, I was fortunate, they were having a sale - less than half price... (44%)
    KrisNine likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Oh my, that's fancy! The hose on my 10+ year old Dyson has broken 3 times now. It's about $50 to replace it. I'm startling to feel the desire for a new one. We are soon to be replacing our horrific tile floors with hardwoods throughout our entire house. The only room that will have carpet will be our master closet. Maybe I can get a new vacuum too

BUMP because I just bought myself a Dyson V6 handstick at 30% off and after doing only one room I've going to change my FB status to "in a relationship". Yep, I've found true love.

My old Volta kicked arse as far as picking up dust, but it was so heavy and cumbersome and was always scraping paint off my skirting boards when I'd pull it too hard. The Dyson is so light, it's like pushing around a loud broom. It didn't take long to get used to how mobile the head is and the only cons so far are the short battery time and the way the air blows in my face if I don't hold it at a certain angle.

I think I'm going to sling it over my shoulder like a sword and just vacuum whenever I want while I randomly walk around the house, like some kind of cleaning superhero. The Dust Slayer.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Faithanne's new luvahhh.

faithanne likes this.

Interesting. So how long does the battery last?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

It's supposed to do 17 minutes of standard or slightly less on maximum power. I did about three rooms before I had to re-charge. But I used to only vacuum once a week because the old Volta was so hard to handle, and now I can spot clean whenever I want.
    sprynkles likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

just bought myself this baby:

black & decker 20v cordless hand vacuum. so far so good. it's lightweight, has a lithium battery and a charger stand where you can just store it. i was going to get the shark pet one but the big issue with that one is you're supposed to wait until it's completely uncharged to plug it in again, and it takes 16 hours to fully charge, all that for about 15 minutes of battery life. this one you leave on the charger stand and it's always charging, you can use it for as long as you like and put it back. i also like that it doesn't come with any separate attachments, they're all already attached. there's a brush that you can just flip up, and a crevice cleaner that pulls out which will be great for vacuuming between radiator bars and stuff. so far i've only used it on the sofa to remove cat hairs, and on the cowskin rug to pick up little bits of debris and so far so good. with some of the cat hairs on the sofa you have to go over a few times with the brush but overall it's not bad at all and seems to be the most competent of the cordless vacs under 100$ out there, and since i just want it for touch-ups i wasn't looking to spend more. it was 79$ at bed, bath & beyond, and i had a 20% coupon of course, so i got it for less.
    Last edited by sputnik; August 17th, 2016 at 09:02 PM.
    Beeyotch and CornFlakegrl like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information