Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: The Vacuum Thread!

I don't know, sorry! The kids are entertained by it...
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Sad vacuum story.

Tampa police: 78-year-old woman killed by man who got away with $30

• By Sara DiNatale and Hanna Marcus, Times Staff Writers

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:56pm

TAMPA — Loretta Jackson was killed over $30.

That's how much Jonathan David Kendrick got away with after Tampa police said he broke into the 78-year-old woman's home over the weekend, then viciously beat her to death.

Kendrick, 24, was arrested Tuesday on charges that included first-degree murder, armed burglary with battery, armed robbery and dealing in stolen property, according to Tampa police.

"Knowing now that he's picked up, that's like 20 million pounds of relief," said Jackson's son, James Dixon, 60. "But I still got a long road to go."

Jackson lived alone in the white house at 1808 E Osborne Ave., though her son said sometimes he stayed with her and checked on her every day.

Tampa police detailed how she lost her life sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning: After he was read his rights, police said Kendrick told them that he robbed Jackson because she was an "easy lick" — street slang for an easy target. He kicked in the back door of her home, police said, and was then confronted by Jackson.

"Why are you in my house?" Jackson said.

Kendrick demanded money. Jackson started to scream, police said, and then Kendrick attacked her. He punched the woman until she fell, police said. When the 78-year-old tried to get back up, police said Kendrick grabbed a vacuum cleaner and started to beat her with it.

Then police said Kendrick told them he put a pillow over Jackson's face to stop her screams. When he checked her pulse, police said Kendrick told them, she had none.

Kendrick took Jackson's EBT card, her driver's license, her cell phone and $20, according to police. Investigators tracked Kendrick to Aliana's Meat Market at 4016 N 22nd St. Surveillance video showed him walking into the store at 8:29 a.m., police said, which is about a 15 minute walk from Jackson's house.

The video showed Kendrick taking her EBT card out, police said, and Jackson's driver's license could be seen in his wallet. Kendrick sold the EBT card to someone standing in line at the store for $10, police said. He also returned to the scene of the crime hours later to retrieve a bag he had left inside the house, police said.

Jackson's son discovered his mother's body around 3:45 p.m. Saturday. The roofing contractor hadn't heard from her all day. He found a busted door frame with the door forced close. "Momma, momma," he yelled as he pushed his way in.

"I looked down, I tripped over her," Dixon said. "She was laying on the floor."

The house his mother had lived in for 20 years was ransacked. He yelled to a roofing worker he had with him to call 911.

Tampa police said that forensic evidence linked Kendrick to Jackson's murder. He was arrested after 10 a.m. Tuesday on an unrelated battery charge.

Police said Kendrick broke free from officers and tried to run. An officer shocked Kendrick with a Taser, police said, causing him to fall and hit his head. He received four stitches at a local hospital, then was taken to the county jail.

Kendrick, who also faces charges of giving a false name to an officer, escape from confinement and resisting an officer without violence, was being held without bail in the Hillsborough County jail.

Dixon was standing in his mother's driveway Tuesday evening when he got a call from a friend. Dixon had been fielding calls about his mother all day.

"Someone took her life brutally," he told the caller. "They got him though, they got him. This was random. Some guy just picked on my mom because she's old."

He remembered his mother Loretta Jackson as "good and great and honest."

http://www.home.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/tampa-police-continue-investigation-to-find-78-year-old-womans-killer/2254290
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I bet it was something nice and solid, not like that shitty upright I used to have. If I tried to kill someone with that, it would have shattered.
    Brookie likes this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Yeah, bummer they didn't give a brand.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

The company could use it in advertising. That would make for one hell of a testimonial.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

It has to be one of these, cause we I was a kid, we really did beat each other with it.

Brookie and Bluebonnet like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This is the lowest price I think I've even seen on HSN. You can even break up the payments. I think it's just for this weekend.

$329.95 You save $70.00 today!
    or 5 FlexPays of $65. FREE SHIPPING

Roomba® 650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Bundle with 2 Aero Vac Filters | HSN

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^^Do those things even work well?
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I'm off to get a new vac this weekend! Happy Valentine's Day to me! Better than a box of chocolates and some flowers.

So, the old Dyson that I had repaired last year needs more repairs. The hose just split in two places and I just don't want to deal with it. The vacuum place by us told us it would be a couple hundred to repair the hose. So, I'll buy a new hose on line so we can fix it and have a second vacuum. The vacuum repair shop has several Miele vac's that are refurbished and I'm thinking about getting one of those.

As for the central vac, I was right, the previous owners took the attachments and then claimed that the central vac never worked, in the 15 years they lived here? Yeah, give me a break. I hate the people that owned this place before us with a passion. Plus,since we're probably selling this place, there's no sense in being the attachments now.

^^^ I think I've talked about this before in this thread, but I've heard nothing but good things about Miele canister vacs (not sure about their uprights). They are mind boggling expensive, but if you can get one that's refurbished with a warranty, I'd go for it.

I've been doing research on vacuums for when my house is finally rebuilt, and I've even been looking at Roombas. They always get mixed reviews though, so I never know which side to believe.

^^This one is a canister, I think it's the C3 Cat Dog. It's a $1000 vac for $499. It's got very limited warranty. Nothing more than a few months.
    Novice and Nevan like this.

can't go wrong with miele. i 'inherited' both of mine from friends who moved, both were at least 2-3 years old. i had the first one for over 3 years and left it to another friend when i left, last i heard he still has it 4 years later. the one i have now is still like new. they last forever.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    can't go wrong with miele. i 'inherited' both of mine from friends who moved, both were at least 2-3 years old. i had the first one for over 3 years and left it to another friend when i left, last i heard he still has it 4 years later. the one i have now is still like new. they last forever.
    ^^OH, good to know. I'm not sure how old this one is. I think it's a demo model or something. It looks great and the guy said it's clean as can be and like a brand new machine. I'm ready for a change. i've loved my Dyson for years, but the new models are terrible and I don't want to keep dumping money into an old one. I've already put $150 in it and to throw another $150 into it doesn't makes sense. Plus, I love a canister vac. Great for stairs, under tables, beds, etc. So, I'll replace the hose myself and keep the Dyson as a back up.
    sputnik and Nevan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    The guy at the vacuum repair shop told me to never use any of the powders like carpet fresh or baking soda on my carpets because it will destroy the vacuum.

I use some of those Downy Unstoppables in the canister. Smells great.
    That is the best use for them! From the warning on the can they should be illegal in the UK/EU - surely?

Kirby log from me too. Bought the machine from eBay for under £15, gave her £15 because I felt bad for her. It came with a massive box of attachments.

Kris - have you looked on eBay for attavenrs to the house vac? Is it worth following up with your lawyer? Over herrr up get a list of what is/not being left & its legally binding.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    That is the best use for them! From the warning on the can they should be illegal in the UK/EU - surely?

Kirby log from me too. Bought the machine from eBay for under £15, gave her £15 because I felt bad for her. It came with a massive box of attachments.

Kris - have you looked on eBay for attavenrs to the house vac? Is it worth following up with your lawyer? Over herrr up get a list of what is/not being left & its legally binding.
    We had the central vac looked at. Basically, it hasn't been used since 2002, so we're looking at having to replace the whole unit. The upgraded unit and the attachments will run us around $1500, provided the piping though the house is all still good.

There are so many little things in this house that we spoke to our lawyer about. He doesn't think any of it is really worth pursuing, unless we're willing to shell out some money up front and hope to get it back. Basically, we were idiots relying on the previous owner's shitty pre-inspection. live and learn, huh?

So, the Miele that I wanted wasn't the correct one. The guy told me that it was $499, but that was for the upright version. I want the canister, which retails for $950. My wonderful, kind SO is going to get a new one for me, in a higher end model.
    Novice likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information