Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: The Vacuum Thread!

^ yep. Just looked it up. And in the UK they're branded AEG.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I've used an Electrolux and wasn't impressed at all. In fairness, it was a cordless stick (there you go Twitch) but it ran out of battery quickly and had almost no suction.

Someone mentioned a steam cleaner. We have a commercial grade Rug Doctor. That thing is AMAZING. I just use really super hot water, a little baking soda, a little oxyclean and a little vinegar. It's amazing what that gets out.
    KrisNine and twitchy2.0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I've used an Electrolux and wasn't impressed at all. In fairness, it was a cordless stick (there you go Twitch) but it ran out of battery quickly and had almost no suction.

Someone mentioned a steam cleaner. We have a commercial grade Rug Doctor. That thing is AMAZING. I just use really super hot water, a little baking soda, a little oxyclean and a little vinegar. It's amazing what that gets out.
    It was me that was mentioning the steam cleaner. Are the Rug Doctors super expensive?

I used to have a Rainbow vacuum which I loved. The dirt goes into water instead of a bag or canister. It had a carpet cleaning attachment which was cool. I only have wood floors now so I recently got a Roomba and I really love it. My floors are cleaned everyday, and not by me! It's a delight.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I used to have a Rainbow vacuum which I loved. The dirt goes into water instead of a bag or canister. It had a carpet cleaning attachment which was cool. I only have wood floors now so I recently got a Roomba and I really love it. My floors are cleaned everyday, and not by me! It's a delight.
    are those the ones that you could choose a scent for? I seem to remember someone talking about those here. What a surprise/

Yeah you could put scented stuff in the water.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

How is it as a vacuum? Good?

I have a Dyson, the yellow one. I've had it for 5+ years. I used to blow through a vacuum every 2 years. The dyson has held up, so I can't complain.

Please give more reviews on the Roomba. How does it work with floors/rugs, under the kitchen table, do you have to pull the chairs out?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It was me that was mentioning the steam cleaner. Are the Rug Doctors super expensive?
    My husband thought it was $200. I thought it was $400. I clean my main floor carpets so frequently, it paid for itself really quickly. There's an attachment for cleaning couches/chairs etc too. Just like the Dyson, seeing all the dirt in the container makes me sick yet satisfied. Lol
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    My husband thought it was $200. I thought it was $400. I clean my main floor carpets so frequently, it paid for itself really quickly. There's an attachment for cleaning couches/chairs etc too. Just like the Dyson, seeing all the dirt in the container makes me sick yet satisfied. Lol
    If it cleans, $400 is better than the money I have to spend on professional cleaning.

I cannot participate in this thread but I'm enjoying the posts. My upright would be equivalent to cheap shoes. It is bagless though.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    If it cleans, $400 is better than the money I have to spend on professional cleaning.
    It's totally worth it. We have three kids and a dog. Our carpet it 11 years old and it looks mostly new. I would say the Rug Doctor makes a very noticeable difference in the carpets and it's like magic on couches/chairs etc. The trick is super hot water. I don't use the commercial cleaners because they stink and I don't trust them.

I can get our 14x22 ft living room done in about 30 minutes. If I move all of the furniture and do the edges of the carpet, it's another half an hour. It does a great job getting the water back out of the carpet. With a ceiling fan going, it never takes more than 12 hours for it to dry. The only downside is that it's challenging to get the stairs really clean without dedicating a few hours to it.

You can rent one at most Lowes or Menards. Its essentially the same machine. It's $40/day here if you wanted to try it before committing to it.

You want your house to smell good after vacuum it?just pour a spoon ful of vanilla powder in the sack.
    greysfang likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I have a Dyson, the yellow one. I've had it for 5+ years. I used to blow through a vacuum every 2 years. The dyson has held up, so I can't complain.

Please give more reviews on the Roomba. How does it work with floors/rugs, under the kitchen table, do you have to pull the chairs out?
    We're happy with our Roomba, Dusty, but we only have hardwood and tile so I don't know how it does with rugs. It does maneuver incredibly well, and gets pretty much every inch of under the dining table without us having to pull the chairs out. If your chair legs are closer together than its body, of course, that won't work so well, but our chairs are pretty wide and the legs are widely spaced. We have to move things like the music and guitar stands, the fruit basket-stand thing, and the planter-stand thing; he can't get under them properly but that doesn't stop him from trying, which means lots of knocking them about. On his first time out he wedged himself under the music stand and drove around with it riding around on top of him, standing perfectly vertical.

This type of thing:

So that alone was kind of worth it.

We do have to get stairs, in behind the piano, etc. with a regular vacuum - or we can just sweep - but we still like having the Roomba. It really keeps dust down. We bought it on sale, I wouldn't pay full price for one if you don't have to.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I really, really want a roomba! We have all hardwood with rugs around, so if i came home to clean hardwood every day, I would be so happy!

I have an eight year old Dyson cordless that is pretty good. It used to be amazing, but I think the battery is slowly dying, so sometimes it won't work except in short bursts. I mostly use it now to vacuum hair in the bathrooms and to suck up any piles of dust from sweeping.

We bought a newer Dyson for my MIL recently, and it is a complete piece of crap compared to ours. I think they used to be awesome but they have just gone downhill in the past few years.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information