Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacuum cleaners

So, get this one, at least you'll know it works properly and it's gonna last forever.

KATE MOSS VACUUM CLEANER & PARIS HILTON "SUCK" HAIRDRYER
    [YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GT25kiOR8O0[/YOUTUBE]
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    my fridge is a miele. the one that was originally in this flat broke down a few months after i moved in and the only model that fit in the cabinet was a miele, so the agency that manages the building had to shell out thousands for it
    it's amazing, and silent.
    You're so lucky.....we just re modeled the kitchen in the fall, but the first Miele fridge's for the US won't be available until April...so I got a Sub Zero....I would have preferred a Miele...not that I'm complaining
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

I'm still so fed up with my vacuum! I'm going to look at the Miele tomorrow!

Elite Member

I did it! I bought a Miele vacuum! I got the Antares. I brought it home and played with it last night and it's great so far. I am loving that I don't have to empty that stupid bagless cup anymore.

Opted not to get the more expensive model with the power head. On this one the brushes turn by suction only. The reason I decided against the power head was because it was significantly heavier (and the canister was heavier too). Our house is a 2-story and the heavier power head would've made it more difficult to clean the stairs and carry the unit upstairs. It was supposed to be self-propelled but I couldn't tell a lot of difference actually. Plus the models with the power head were significantly more expensive, and our house is only 1/3 carpet so I couldn't justify it. I just hope I don't regret the decision later.

No more bagless! <does happy dance>

^^My mother-in-law has that Miele and it's so awesome. Congrats on getting one. You'll love it! Totally worth the money.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

OK I know this thread is old but I have a cleaning business. I recommend the Dyson. I know it's pricey but it is worth it. If you buy something cheap then that is what you will have....something cheap.

Elite Member

^^I got really fed up with bagless vacs period. One way or another you are going to get dusty, whether it's emptying out the dust bin or changing the filters (which I had to do every time I vacuumed on my old bagless).

The Miele is not cheap but there is NO dust. There is a nice bag that traps the dirt and when you remove it, the bag seals itself. The filter has to be changed once a year.

Another thing is that on those uprights like the Dyson, vacuuming stairs was a bitch. Now that I have a canister, it makes it so much easier because I have a long hose that reaches up the stairs.

Janet, cheap vacs are cheap, but I think the average American thinks a $200 vacuum is expensive. I know I did. I had never considered one of the $500+ vacuums because I didn't really know what was available. 2 years ago when I bought my $200 Bissell bagless I thought that was a very nice vacuum. Then I realized that the filters got very dirty very quickly, and on my vacuum they needed to be washed which was a very dirty job. I realized that I had to pull out the dirt cup and empty it after every single room and when I did some of the dust went everywhere. I had to use the vacuum to clean the vacuum.

I am one of the thriftiest people in the world, and I hate to spend money, so the decision to buy a $500 vacuum did not come lightly. If any of you are in the market for one, go to a specialty store and try one of the high-end vacuums to compare.

I am also very thrifty but don't mind spending if needed. I think $200 is quite a bit of cash but not alot when buying a vacuum. I have never heard of the Miele. If my Dyson ever dies I will look into it since so many have raved about it.

I have gone through so many vacuum cleaners over the years! I decided I never want to see carpet again, so when we moved, we bought a house with all hardwood floors. best decision we ever made. Carpets are germ factories!

Frankly, I can't think about vacuum cleaners anymore
    without an image of Russell Brand!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Gold Member

We have a Dyson and it works pretty well but if you have berber carpet, watch out; it will pull out loose loops. It did on ours.

My fiance prefers Orecks, but his ex-wife got the Oreck in the divorce. He got the "crappy" vacuum cleaner: the Dyson. Personally, I like it because it picks up very well and it's easy to empty. It doesn't work very well on hardwoods or ceramic, but I've seen Orecks that do. I use one of those Dirt Devil broom vacs for the hard floors...that thing rocks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information