Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Teeny Tiny Homes You Can Actually Buy

I'm not a fan of these type of houses as a residence, but I could totally see this as a weekend retreat.

fgg, Brookie and stella blue like this.

^I saw this one on Tiny House Nation...it's in Nashville. Nashville still has some pretty crappy winters, so I suspect it would be difficult to live in this place during a snow storm...the only door in and out is the garage door...if you had to open the door to run out, you would freeze out the entire interior space! I suspect the only saving grace is that if you don't have a job, you could just go south for the winter.

I can totally get behind the idea of a tiny house - though not at this point in my life as I have kids with a ton of stuff. Still, I think the 200 sq ft or less homes are just TOO small for me. I could definitely go for a non portable tiny house around 500 sq feet.
    I want to know what the people do who have kids and are living in these tiny home. When do they have sex w/out their kids hearing the business?
    fgg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I'm not a fan of these type of houses as a residence, but I could totally see this as a weekend retreat.

Yeah, no to living in it full time. I could see it as an artist's retreat or even a beach getaway.
    Brookie likes this.

that is the coolest little house, but the bedroom ceiling is way too low for me. I feel entombed just going through tunnels and elevators, that bed's too much like a coffin for me.

plus I need to room to bust a move for my workouts and that spot wouldn't cut it.
    idunno likes this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    that is the coolest little house, but the bedroom ceiling is way too low for me. I feel entombed just going through tunnels and elevators, that bed's too much like a coffin for me.

plus I need to room to bust a move for my workouts and that spot wouldn't cut it.
    Haha...I would tip the place over if I went dancing through it...wait...that didn't sound right.
    Brookie and panic like this.

Tiny houses. I remember when they were called single-wide trailers.

Brookie, whitetigeress and Mivvi21 like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I think that is 3 or 4 times the size. The first house looks like it's on a 30ft, 40 tonne trailer frame.
    Bluebonnet and czb like this.
    Free Charmed.

Yeah, even those old time single-wides were around 70 feet long and 14 wide. Not something you could just hitch up to the back of the truck like the tiny houses. To me, they're more like glorified travel trailers or campers. I guess it's much cooler to say you live in a tiny house than a camper. Unless we're talking a vintage Airstream:

Brookie likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Tiny homes (new name for trailers?) are okay for young people to live in, so they can save up for their "forever" homes when their families expand. There's a time when you just get too old to climb ladders to go to bed or fold yourself up to take a shower.
    Mivvi21, Trixie, Brookie and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I can't even watch Tiny House shows on TV - I start to get itchy and claustrophobic, knowing I can walk from one end of the house to the other in 2.4 seconds.
    Mivvi21 and HWBL like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I could see living in a tiny house, but a real one, not attached to a trailer. I could do 500-600 Sq Ft, if it was just me and my husband. Also, I'm not sure I could do it full time, but a vacation home, yes.

With kids, however, I do not understand how these people do it. I'm sorry, I like a bit of privacy from my kids from time to time and wouldn't want them in just a loft on the other side of the 250 sq ft house. No thank you.

Okay, I wonder how much disposable income you guys have or where you live, but a 700 sq.ft. apartment TINY???? I live (admittedly alone) in 92 sq.ft!!!

^Do you mean square feet or square meters?

700 square ft is quite small, although a lot depends on how the space is divided. That's the one thing I do like about the Tiny House program: they often come up with clever space saving storage methods etc.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^square feet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information