Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: On the street where you live - tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    WOW!! Maybe we really are neighbors..... I'm in Covington!!
    Haha, well I doubt we ran into one another trick or treating the kiddies I'm just outside of Winder (And plan to STAY outside of Winder!)
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^ Oh cool! My best friend lives in Bethlehem.... it's so beautiful out that way!

What a great thread!

I grew up on the NW side of Chicago and loved it until I moved to my current town. I'm in the Midwest in a small college town. Our town is divided in to two halves with a river dividing it. The East side is mostly the college campus and families who have lived there forever. There are tons of old Victorian homes that are enormous and have huge, beautiful trees.

I'm on the West side of town which is home to the medical campus and most of the grad schools. Building just started on our side of town 15 years ago or so. So we don't have the huge trees and old homes with character. Instead, there are many new subdivisions.

We live in the middle of our subdivision. There is a huge mix of people here. Lots of older folks, tons of families, several gay couples, lots of different nationalities. In fact, within two houses in each direction we have a family from Peru, India, the Middle East (can never remember which country), Bosnia, and France. Everyone gets along. The older folks get a huge kick out of the kids. On any given summer night you can see a parade of people out walking their dogs (or kids). There are always tons of conversations that strike up on the sidewalk. It may all sound cheesy but I love where we live.

Hit By Ban Bus!

On the street that I live..........................

I woke up --after a 44-hours working this week-- from a quick nap with the sound of fighting. When I got to my bedroom window to see wtf was going on, about 15 drunk-ass soccer fantards were fighting with my dad because he complained of the noise, and some lovely young gentleman called me a slut and threw a brick at my face. Luckily, I didn't get hit. Lovely neighbors, fantastic policemen here in Brazil (they had the nerve to tell me that they'd only come over if there were someone lying dead on my floor).

^^ YIKES!!

I must say that the Brazilian people are very physically beautiful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    On the street that I live..........................

I woke up --after a 44-hours working this week-- from a quick nap with the sound of fighting. When I got to my bedroom window to see wtf was going on, about 15 drunk-ass soccer fantards were fighting with my dad because he complained of the noise, and some lovely young gentleman called me a slut and threw a brick at my face. Luckily, I didn't get hit. Lovely neighbors, fantastic policemen here in Brazil (they had the nerve to tell me that they'd only come over if there were someone lying dead on my floor).
    OMG! This is just too much! The police better get a grip on it! I'm glad you and your Dad are OK.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information