Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On the street where you live - tell us!

I live in a little gated community in South FL, between Miami & West Palm, across from an A school…That is why I chose the area. It is a community that is very diverse, which is pretty cool. It is full of kids, and everyone knows each other. During Halloween everyone sets up tables and sits outside and kids come from all over to trick treat.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Kansas City, MO.

My street is very quiet, except for the constant sounds of barking pitbulls and emergency sirens. None of the neighbors associate with each other, especially after my next door neighbor was murdered in June of last year. My street and surrounding areas are old and run down. I live about 20-30 minutes away from the Kansas state line.

I guess the only thing significant about where I live is all the trees. People see pictures of my back yard and they think its part of a national park, lol!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The street where I live is rather insignifcant and short; but the surrounding area has a great number of oak and ash trees. There's a nice park that my son and I can walk to... if I want to walk farther I can throw him the stroller and we can go all up down a main street and I can shop at some of my favorite stores. It's nice, but this zip code is getting too expensive and I need to finish up a degree and get a sugar daddy if I want to stay much longer.

I live in a quiet, somewhat rural, little town about 30 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia. It's very beautiful in a simple kind of way.... lots of farmland, plenty of children, and friendly folks everywhere. At night you can see every star in the sky, and it's not uncommon for me to see a deer or two out in the yard. Once there was even a bull drinking out of my bird bath!! He escaped from a nearby farm.

I have a charming little ranch style house at the end of a cul-de-sac, and feel quite safe letting my children and pets run free. I know pretty much everyone in my neighborhood, the people next door are like family to me. I really love it here, but am excited to be moving a little further north to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the somewhat near future.

I used to live right in downtown Atlanta and loved it, but that all changed once I became a mama. Now I much prefer the peace and quiet of a more laid back place. Not to mention the privacy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Toronto ON

I live in a great neighbourhood called the Annex. To the north is Casa Loma
    Casa Loma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and south of us is the University of Toronto and Chinatown. There's lots of big houses and some interesting architecture on many of the apartment buildings. The street we live on has a lot of traffic and that is about the only downside. The main shopping district is on Bloor Street. There's some good shops and every second building is a sushi restaurant. There is also the famous maze Honest Ed's (sorta cool the first time)
    Honest Ed's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You see people from all walks of life here. There are alot of students.

I really like this thread!
    I live in a small suburb of Athens, Greece. It's a strictly residential area and was built for families in the military. All the houses have a garden and it's very green in general. It's a quiet place, pretty much nothing ever happens and there's nothing here except for one coffee place and one restaurant. My street is a dead end with six buildings. One was torn down recently because almost everyone in the family living there died out and the last remaining son sold the place. I think that there's going to be a pretty large building now because they are digging the foundations and they've gone really deep. Either way, it can't be more than 4 storeys hight since that's the tallest that's allowed in my suburb. Opposite my house there is an appartment building which was built up to a point in 1996 but was never finished because the people who owned it started fighting and took each other to court and now the whole thing is a big legal tangle.

There are a couple of kids here but they are very well behaved. It's nice, in general. I like that I know all the people and we get along well. The only problem is that we are starting to run out of parking space. I might make a garage in the garden at some point because every family has 2-3 cars and we really don't fit anymore.

My cat has explored all the houses around and has been locked in pretty much all the basements. Good thing my neighbours are cool about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I live in a quiet, somewhat rural, little town about 30 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia. It's very beautiful in a simple kind of way.... lots of farmland, plenty of children, and friendly folks everywhere. At night you can see every star in the sky, and it's not uncommon for me to see a deer or two out in the yard. Once there was even a bull drinking out of my bird bath!! He escaped from a nearby farm.

I have a charming little ranch style house at the end of a cul-de-sac, and feel quite safe letting my children and pets run free. I know pretty much everyone in my neighborhood, the people next door are like family to me. I really love it here, but am excited to be moving a little further north to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the somewhat near future.

I used to live right in downtown Atlanta and loved it, but that all changed once I became a mama. Now I much prefer the peace and quiet of a more laid back place. Not to mention the privacy.

Creepy. Apparently you live pretty close to me. Small world, heh.
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^ You're a Georgia girl too, Lola?

I live in a new community smack dab in the middle of the worst part of Phoenix you can live in. On the one hand, you have children playing out front and the neighbors seem fairly normal(except for Cousin It, who finally moved). On the other hand, you have tweakers and gang bangers just down the street in the older communities. I have a horse stable located behind my back wall. I've come to find that the patrons of said stable enjoy chasing around cattle, drinking tequila and playing Mexican music at a volume so loud it drowns out most of the air traffic over my house. My bank(just down the road) has been robbed twice since I moved here(1 year ago) and weekly shootings are common.
    All in all...I LOVE it!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Northeast Ohio..

I live in a small but nice town.. I live across the street from a grade school which doesn't bother me..cause I'm at work when they come and go. It's good for resale value.

Our streets are lined with Dogwood trees that are SO pretty when they are in full bloom.

Our neighbors all speak.. but not to the point of irritating..no block parties..thank god.
    They all put up with my cat wandering EVERYWHERE.. and my dog that barks when he wants in or when other dogs go by. I think I have a pretty good street.

^^^Yep, about an hour east of Atlanta

That sounds heavenly!
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; March 30th, 2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: quote removal
    Do it anyway

^^ It is nice apart from the noisy bastard geese that wake me up of a morning
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I live on a residential street of one and two story brick homes. Lots of oak trees. On the bayou, so on weekends you can take your bike out on the trails and ride or have a picnic. When I was growing up, the neighborhood was full of kids my age, but for the most part they're all grown now and in college or older. It's now primarily "empty nest" couples in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. A few younger couples have started to move back with kids, but not many. Our street dead ends into an elementary school.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    ^^^Yep, about an hour east of Atlanta
    WOW!! Maybe we really are neighbors..... I'm in Covington!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information