Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On the street where you live - tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    wow I think your cesspool trumps my trailer park..
    although we did have some asshole shoot two dogs and a cat with a bbgun. Morons. Other than that the place seems to be pretty crime free. *knocks wood*
    Overall, the neighborhood isn't that bad. Some crime, but no drive-by shootings or anything like that. Just some strange-ass people. And most of them like running up and starting conversations with me at all times of the day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OOO,Mira-how lucky! Beautiful. Turtlex-maybe that man is in Witness Protection! Soj-I am busy trying to find the Notoious Parking Slots!
    King-honestly, you could sign on with the FBI for a second job! Everyone is in such a fabulous situation-some could write novels!
    Funny thing-shortly after this thread I-who had no thought of moving-moved! Will write of the New One later.
    Tell me about it, McJag. I should be a profiler because I can spot all the crazy people in my neighborhood. Mainly, because they keep running up to talk to me. My mother always tells me it's because I'm crazier than all of them and they've met their leader.

Although a couple of years ago, when I stopped off at one of the gas stations this Arab guy that worked there starts talking to me about life after death and what do I think happens when we die. Just out of the blue. Seriously, I felt like calling Homeland Security. Strange.

Hmmmm.... Outside my apartment is other apartments. I used to have a big shady tree outside my door but the bastards cut it down. I loved that tree. I can take one street out of my complex down to my town square (made complete with a big courthouse in the center and ice cream shoppes, pizza parlors and antique stores lining the sides), to the local university, a bunch of great local music venues or an awesome park. All minutes away. Yay!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Hit By Ban Bus!

OOO,Mira-how lucky! Beautiful. Turtlex-maybe that man is in Witness Protection! Soj-I am busy trying to find the Notoious Parking Slots!

King-honestly, you could sign on with the FBI for a second job! Everyone is in such a fabulous situation-some could write novels!

Funny thing-shortly after this thread I-who had no thought of moving-moved! Will write of the New One later.
    Do tell us McJag! Very interesting.

I do love my Portland. I was born here but not raised here, and I used to beg my parents every summer to move back, when we were here visiting. I just get all mushy when I think about it. Moving here was truly coming home for me. A lot of people love to live here because it's such a beautiful and livable city, but we definitely have problems (the entire state does, actually ). On a beautiful clear day, I love to get up on the Marquam Bridge over the river or on the OHSU tram or up on Rocky Butte overlooking the airport -- I usually break out into song at those times! And everyone around understands

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

Tell me about it, McJag. I should be a profiler because I can spot all the crazy people in my neighborhood. Mainly, because they keep running up to talk to me. My mother always tells me it's because I'm crazier than all of them and they've met their leader.
    Your Mom sounds like a hoot!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Takes one to spawn one

I actually think they run up to Kingcap because he's sane and they're lookin' for sane.

And then some. I definitely get the sarcasm and temper from her. LOL.

Last year she kept bugging me about when she was going to get grandkids, and I asked her was she going to babysit, and she said 'hell no.' So, I was like then why are we having this conversation? I told her that guys can make babies up until their 70's, so I've got time. She said if I wait that long I won't be able to shoot straight or hit the target. Gotta love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Takes one to spawn one

I actually think they run up to Kingcap because he's sane and they're lookin' for sane.
    Maybe. Sometimes, I wish they'd stop running up to me altogether. But, then again, some of the stuff I hear is just too funny.

I'll make the description for my house back home.. not this prison-like dorm I live in.

I'm from deep south Texas. Right by the border. My house is in a neighborhood a lot of the old-money families lived in.. some still live there. It's quiet.. my high school was right down the street from my house. Everyone seems to know everyone (or at least a relative). My aunt and uncle live two houses down, another aunt and uncle live at the end of the street. Literally 95% of the high school kids in the neighborhood all went to my private school. It's very quiet.. nice to take strolls in the evening. The houses that havent been completely gutted and renovated are generally mid-century style.

I miss home. .

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Style aren't you at Austin? That's a hella fun town! But I know what you mean about dorms. My son was really homesick the first and second year, living in two different ugly-ass dorms. I got depressed looking at them and I was only there for an hour! He's much happier now that he's got a house with two of his h.s. friends. Maybe you could do that another year.

Yes.. I'm here in Austin.. it's soo much fun, but it's very depressing coming home to a tiny 12 x 10 room. I plan on living off campus junior year, if not next year... I'm shooting for a much nicer dorm next year.. at least one I can shit by myself in .

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Yes, his second year dorm was actually an apartment he shared with three really nice asian young men. They all got along great. But the building itself looked like a government detention center or something.

My dorm was actually designed by an architect that designed federal prisons.. take it from there. It's a very institutional-feeling and looking place to live.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I live in the mountains, Craig Colorado to be exact. Our house is a 1918 Victorian, with a matching detached garage AND matching picket fence. We live 2 blocks away from almost everything: our bank, the grocery store, the 2 bars.

My street is fairly quiet, actually I think WE are the obnoxious family on the street. The pot-smoking granny lives next to the cop, the cop is the dad to the kid who has CP and rarely sees the light of day. Our neighbors on one side are the ones I borrow stuff from, the neighbors on the other side are about as anti-social as we are. I have a "peeping tom" (an 8 point mule deer buck) that likes to look into our living room and shit on our lawn.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Thanks for the laugh BoogsBun. That was great.

Lots of trees and luckily, good neighbors. To my left, a couple with a new baby and cute dog. To my right, a single mom and her two boys. The boys are always asking me if I want to smoke but yeah, it makes me paranoid. LOL.

I live in a nice little area in North Carolina. I wish I could move but it will do. lol

My street leads down to 2 baseball fields. You can hear the kids playing ball all the time. I like it because when I have kids they can just walk over to the field. We have 8 acres of land, we have an in ground pool and LOTS of rabbits in our yard. We don't mess with them so I think they all come to our yard to eat and to feel safe. We have several stores in the area, pretty much like anywhere else. It's nice and quiet but people tend to know each other so there's always the talking. It doesn't bother me though, I have always been the type of person that if you want to know what I am thinking just ask, no offense meant if you don't like my train of thought.
    I do miss my home town from when I was a little girl though. I grew up on an island, one way on and one way off. It was very nice, quiet, at one with nature. The only problem was you had to drive 30 minutes to get to a grocery store. We always had plenty of fresh, free seafood to eat though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information