Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Stainless Steel Appliances Are No Longer the Trend

I remember those colors all too well. But I admit I do like avocado-colored things in general.

I'm not saying anyone should put all of this together, but I like this shade of blue with the red Kitchen Aid. (I must have that Kitchen Aid!)

Bluebonnet and Lalique like this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Love this! ^

It's very 1950's! I love 1950's kitchens!
    Waterslide likes this.

I love 50s kitchens, too! And there are so many cool appliances out there that you can get away with brand new ranges and refrigerators without it looking out of place.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I have all stainless and I love them. I like how they look and I have stainless wipes that keep them clean and finger print free. I won't be changing any time soon.
    Agreed. My two year old is always in and out of the bottom drawer of our fridge (he hides his milk there). If he leaves finger prints, those things take them off really quickly.
    Jazzy likes this.

I actually just bought a new fridge (old one was threatening to kick the bucket) along with a new washer, and I ended up going with white. I've always liked stainless, but I think I'm just tired of it. I also have a smallish kitchen that's not super-bright, so I wanted to create a more seamless, clean, bright look.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I have all stainless and I love them. I like how they look and I have stainless wipes that keep them clean and finger print free. I won't be changing any time soon.
    We have stainless at our old house/rental property and used the wipes as well. They worked really well, though they were a bit chemically.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I am tired od stainless as well. I have black appliances. If I lived alone I would have a retro fabulous kitchen with robin's egg blue appliances.
    Yes, yes, yes! I like really fresh, bright orange retro appliances as well, with white walls and green accents (natural, like plants).

This kitchen needs a bit of a reno, and because we went with the white appliances I may end up doing all white cabinets and then painting the walls a fresh Kelly green and introducing some green accessories. I adore grey, but I fear I'll tire of it and find it cold.

We do have a stainless steel microwave, but that's not a big deal to replace, and since we're low on space we may just get a white one that incorporates a range hood/vent.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

White & Kelly green sounds nice, Tati.

We have built-ins so they have the same front as the cupboards, except our cooker which is cream.

Those black things look like 1970-80s appliances to me.
    Free Charmed.

White and green is another of my favorite color combinations. I love orange, too.
    ~Manx Mouse

Are you Irish?
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Clean stainless steel with paper kitchen roll and WD40 spray. Works like a charm.

Some ss appliances come in a slightly matt no-mark finish which avoids fingermarks, etc. but overall I find it too high maintenance. We had ss splash backs and ripped them out as soon as possible. Nightmare.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Are you Irish?
    LOL, I hadn't even thought of that! I was thinking of Tati's description. I've got a little Irish in me though.

How's this for a dining room?

~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    LOL, I hadn't even thought of that! I was thinking of Tati's description. I've got a little Irish in me though.

How's this for a dining room?

Prefer this myself, except for those really uncomfortable cane backed chairs
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I do like the green and white with touches of blue. In the pic I posted, I actually like the orange chairs, just not in that room. Even the white floors are cute.

When I originally was thinking of orange, green and white together, I think of those muted 70s tones.
    ~Manx Mouse

Meh, I'm staying on Team Stainless Steel. The other colors remind me of the 70s, The Brady Bunch, and AMC Gremlins.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

^ Yes, they just remind me of old unrenovated kitchens.

white, black, stainless are all i can deal with appliance-wise. colored agas being the one colored piece i think looks good.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Meh, I'm staying on Team Stainless Steel. The other colors remind me of the 70s, The Brady Bunch, and AMC Gremlins.
    Sadly, that's probably the appeal for me.

But, I still like stainless steel and black is always fine with me. The thing about the cute colors is that no matter what they're going to age.
    ~Manx Mouse

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information