Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Stainless Steel Appliances Are No Longer the Trend

I don't mind stainless if it's done correctly. The granite countertops and dark cherry cabinet cliche are what's killing it. People need to be more versatile with how they use stainless steel.
    Waterslide and Jazzy like this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I am tired od stainless as well. I have black appliances. If I lived alone I would have a retro fabulous kitchen with robin's egg blue appliances.
    The robin's egg blue is beautiful. I had no idea they even made appliances in this color.
    Waterslide likes this.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    I'm going to be redoing my kitchen soon. Could you share some of your thoughts for your dream kitchens?
    Hmm, I don't know if most people would like my taste. LOL I guess I kind of know it when I see it. I'd really love a huge commercial kitchen which is a stainless steel hell, and probably just means I really want to own a restaurant.

I was sitting here trying to figure out how to explain the "other" kind of kitchen I like and I guess it's a cross between country chic and Anthropologie kitchen stuff. Retro I guess? Nothing like Kirstie Alley's kitchen, I guess more kitschy than "cute". I like color, distressed furniture and silly decorations that make me laugh. Either really modern or really old-fashioned. I like old kitchens as long as they have new appliances. I can't help it, I can only take white in small doses, too much white makes me nervous.

I tried looking for some pictures and I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I do realize I need to reorganize my Pinterest, though (because that's important LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I am tired od stainless as well. I have black appliances. If I lived alone I would have a retro fabulous kitchen with robin's egg blue appliances.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Oooh. Now robin's egg blue vintage (rather vintage-looking) appliances might turn my head. I just did a Google image search. So pretty.
    I thought I was the only one obsessed with robin's egg blue! I love that with red or very, very dark pinks.
    Lalique and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I've been off googling now. Does this not make you drool?

And this:

Waterslide and angelais like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^want that stove
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

A kitchen full of robin-egg-blue appliances sounds like my worst nightmare. I've always disliked stainless steel, but I'll take it over that any day.
    Mel1973 likes this.

^ I wouldn't do an entire kitchen full of blue appliances. Maybe just a stove or refrig as a focal point.
    Waterslide likes this.

The house I'm buying has all stainless steel appliances. Except for the dishwasher, which is blue. I am on the stainless steel team I guess - I either like the look or have just gotten used to it.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I'm finally in! I have black textured appliances. I love them to death. I bought them a few years back; bought an oversized fridge that just fits into the hole but it holds a lot more and it wasn't that much more expensive. If I were getting a kitchen makeover or a new kitchen, I'd go with brass. I love it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I hate stainless steel. Always have. I am sick to death of granite, stainless steel, and dark cherry cupboards. At least there is a glimmer of light at the end of the stainless steel-lined tunnel.
    Do I ever agree! I like old houses with character, and I love it when they have retained all of the original fixtures and finishes. I plum DESPISE seeing an old house plastered over with granite and stainless steel. It's cold and soulless.

All of my appliances are black, and I love em.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

^ I wouldn't do an entire kitchen full of blue appliances. Maybe just a stove or refrig as a focal point.
    i like those fancy stoves that you can get in practically any color. you can just put your toe in with colored knobs too.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i like those fancy stoves that you can get in practically any color. you can just put your toe in with colored knobs too.
    They even have lavender!

Cool

The robin's egg blue is beautiful. I had no idea they even made appliances in this color.
    I didn't either! That's really cool!

Remember the 70's when "earthtones" was the trend and the popular colors for appliances were:

Harvest Gold
    Coppertone
    Avocado

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    A kitchen full of robin-egg-blue appliances sounds like my worst nightmare. I've always disliked stainless steel, but I'll take it over that any day.
    Agreed, if you install robin egg blue appliances you better love your house/apartment cause it will be hard to sell. It would be better to add accessories in the colour you love.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information