Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The plants/gardening thread!

Bronze Member

Gardening is my favorite hobby .plants is kept most important value in our life. Oxygen is very important for the man which plants provide us. I like greenery. Our lawn is many plants for example mango trees. We should grow different plants .plants keep clean our atmosphere.

Mango trees, you say?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

lol

A*O

My strelitzia just burst into bloom and is giving much oxygen. These things are bomb proof, even I haven't been able to kill it.

McJag likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

I and my friend went to Jinnah Park. Jinnah Park was very beautiful. We eat ice cream and played different games. We bought two train tickets and feel happy .

So,you are from Pakistan then.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

After a couple freezes this winter, I was SO concerned for my wisteria. We've got a gate at the entrance of our drive and my wisteria goes all the way to the top (and it's big - designed big enough to drag a mobile home through).. and I'd been watching it and worrying and putting my hands on it and sending it all good energy (yes, I'm weird and love my plants!)... I sent my girlfriend an email telling her that I thought my wisteria and Angel Trumpet tree had been killed. She said that the Angel Trumpet would come back from the root but I need to cut the damn thing down basically and she has always been jelly of my wisteria so she mocked me.... I orderered a new wisteria. Went home that day and as I was taking my garbage out to the road, she had beautiful green leaves shooting through all the brown vines! HA, I win. I added a whole bag of potting soil to the area (built up enclosed area) where my angel trumpet tree is and I'm hoping she makes a comeback too.
    My muscadine vine I planted last year (on the second side of the gate) is just blowing up. Lemon tree, nectarine dwarf, cherry tree, blossoming pear tree & fig tree are ALL just kicking ass this year.

Anyone else having trouble with their plants?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

My irises and roses look like they took steroids over the winter. Some of my irises are the size of softballs, and my rosebushes (and mini rosebush), have at least 30 buds on them, if not more.

I did lose one rise though, it was in the path of the snowblower, and clear driveway wins over piddly rosebush.

I think I lost my big butterfly bush. My tropical grass died and it's going to be a nightmare getting it out of the ground (been there about 10 years). Need to cut off the top of the rose bushes; they're still alive, but all the branches on top are dead. Brutal.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

oh no! my little cactus tree (that my brother brought back as a clipping from Corpus Christie) made a come back... as did my wisteria - it's bigger and more out of control than EVAR! - and that potting soil must've worked a miracle with my Angel Trumpet because that bitch is growing back from the root and making one hell of a comeback. I think she might flower!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The oddest thing-I have 2 hydrangeas out my dinning room/foyer window. The one to the right has blooms starting. the left one is just now coming out from the roots. Roses were cut back in March,got lots of red cheery blooms but I swear they are smaller. We did get a lot of ice.
    The Indian paintbrush and pink buttercups are blooming like mad so every trip to the grocery store is a total delight.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm an apartment dweller with limited space/sunlight so I have wandering jews out the ass and not much else. Any suggestions for extremely low light plants anyone?
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Here is a picture of my house. We just added the New England corner picket and we will be putting another one on the other side. I have a flagstone pathway in the front of the house bordered by lavender. I love delphiniums, Valerian, Shasta daisies, bee balm, lavender - basically plants that are in cottage gardens. I'm a fan of Nantucket / Cape Cod homes so that's the look I'm going for with my home.

darksithbunny, dougie and sparkles like this.

Mel, did you wisteria bloom? Mine hasn't bloomed for at least 5 yrs now. She had a baby about 3 years ago and the baby didn't bloom either. Both got beautiful green leaves, but no flowers

smurfy - that's so cute! I love the picket fence and the island garden.
    smurfette likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information