Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The plants/gardening thread!

DAMMIT! This is the kind of thing, I need to know when I order. Why the hell wouldn't it say that? I had the same trouble with the cherry trees, that's why I had to order a second one of those...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thought I would share a picture of my home and front gardens. I can't wait until the warm weather. I really enjoy gardening.

rockchick likes this.

very nice!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Thought I would share a picture of my home and front gardens. I can't wait until the warm weather. I really enjoy gardening.

Very nice.

I have not done anything except finally get the chance to mow my lawn. We have gotten nothing but cool and very wet weather and over eight inches of rain last month. The ground is a soggy mess, and most flowering plants are not doing so well bloom wise-especially fruit trees.

I have a few shrubs to plant, some thing to rearrange, but can do nothing with this wet weather. And more rain today, tomorrow, etc.

lovely garden, smurfette!

we did some gardening yesterday. i planted a miniature rose (rise and shine), a new rosemary bush, a juliet tomato and a french thyme plant. those are just my small garden at home. later this week, we will be planting the bulk of our big garden, which is down the street. for that garden, i've got more tomatoes (cherokee purple, green zebra, caspian pink and jaune flamme), kale, melons (tigger & hale's best), pole beans, radishes, fingerling and blue potatoes and corn.

hey, question for any tomato people...what is a good heirloom variety for drying?
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

we dug up our late started 2010 garden, and I'm going to plant a lemon tree (I drink loads of iced tea and thought it'd be cool to grow my own)

i need tips on what kind of lemon tree to buy. anyone?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i like lisbon lemons...they're on the tart side. meyers are good if you like sweeter lemons...great for lemonade. the good thing is pretty much any lemon tree should do wonderfully where you're located.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

i'm lemon impaired, i usually just get whatever is at the market. lol
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

We have had a cold,steady rain all day long. 48 degrees. Wonderful! Tomorrow my bamboos are going to be leaping ever taller!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    we dug up our late started 2010 garden, and I'm going to plant a lemon tree (I drink loads of iced tea and thought it'd be cool to grow my own)

i need tips on what kind of lemon tree to buy. anyone?
    Check into getting a Meyer Lemon tree. I have heard that they are the preferred lemon to use by chefs in recipes.

I am new to gardening. Just started this spring. I have what I think are tiny horn worms on my one and only tomato plant. I'm trying a organic product to get rid of them. It' is know as Dipel dust or BT. Any one else use this? Should I trash this plant and start over?
    Last edited by Janet296; May 2nd, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

I am soooo jealous of all of you with your Rosemary, and bamboo, and frickin lemon trees. I wish I could plant that stuff here. *garden envy*

I love garening. Though I have lots of pre-2WW apple trees on my possesion I'm trying to get rid of them and plant new ones. I live in a rather cold climate so there's not many possibilities for my garden.

Smurfette, your garden looks beautiful!

Things are picking up here finally - the crocuses are out, the robins are singing (we have one guy in our yard who's trying his hardest, although I still haven't seen any females around), and almost all the snow's gone. YIPPEEEEE! It's SPRING!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post

Coming back to look at your pretty flowers and nice looking dog(I love dogs!) puts a smile of my face! Such a nice happy comforting pic!

If the weather is ok I am putting flowers out this weekend!

*if I had that house, it would be perfect for scarlet flowers-scarlet and gray = Ohio State!!!!!

Thanks Soj! That's very sweet of you. I love gardening. It's so relaxing and therapeutic.

I work for a flower merchandising company and we are getting a black petunia this year. I have never seen one and I'm so excited to see it.

Thread Information