Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Penthouse in Houston

A fireplace in Houston is virtually useless for roughly 9-10 months of the year. A total waste of money and space.

That Master Bedroom looks dark, gloomy and horrid. And a loft design inside of a neo-colonial building with some fake gargoyles? Where are my matches?
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Fall further in love with Randall Davis' work RANDALL DAVIS
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    A fireplace in Houston is virtually useless for roughly 9-10 months of the year. A total waste of money and space.

That Master Bedroom looks dark, gloomy and horrid. And a loft design inside of a neo-colonial building with some fake gargoyles? Where are my matches?
    I agree the gargoyles and "loft" design inside of a building that looks like an apartment complex built within the last ten years are pretentious, but I think that's just the sort of person who would want to live here. Some pretentious asshat who wants to be able to say he lives in "a loft in River Oaks" without appreciating the actual character or history that the River Oaks area has to offer.

There are plenty of real lofts in Houston. Former factories and industrial buildings converted into living spaces. You can make it look "industrial" and call it a "loft," but the reality is that this is a yuppie condo that someone will buy just so that they can name drop River Oaks and still feel "edgy" because they live in a "loft". In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one my summer flings (the biggest tool I've ever met) is drooling over this property right now.

But it has exposed duct work!?!?!??!?!? EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted from my iPhone

I love the huge windows. It could be so beautiful and light and airy but noooo let's just fuck it up with gargoyles and gloom.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Whomever did this should be shot - the person who decorated that monstrosity and the person who photographed this shit! Its Houston, for Chrissakes - you want to do pictures of the skyline, you CAN and SHOULD do it on a clear fucking day (that would be any day of the year other than the one they did these photos on) and the decor is fucking awful! what is that shit??? I'm super pissed about that skyline - Houston has a gorgeous skyline... they should've done one at night if they were too stupid to do one on a clear day...
    I have to admit the view would be great, and it does look like a lot of space, especially for only about half a million. Yeah the building and the decor are sucky-you could at least change the decor and lighten it up(I can't believe it, me saying 'lighten up' something..ha!).

And yeah, wtf with a rainy gloomy skyline shot.

I have to admit again, this is one where I am actually saying 'only $529,00.00 ??? -usually the other way around. Is the real estate market really bad in Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I have to admit the view would be great, and it does look like a lot of space, especially for only about half a million. Yeah the building and the decor are sucky-you could at least change the decor and lighten it up(I can't believe it, me saying 'lighten up' something..ha!).

And yeah, wtf with a rainy gloomy skyline shot.

I have to admit again, this is one where I am actually saying 'only $529,00.00 ??? -usually the other way around. Is the real estate market really bad in Houston?
    Houston is one of the cheapest major cities in the country for real estate, so $529K is pretty reasonable for that particular area. Now if this was in LA, NYC, DC, or SF, the price would probably be 2-3 times that amount.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

The highest HCAD value at this address is $513,676.00 and it shows no variation in appraisal value over the pat 5 years unlike other units show a decrease in $50,000 in value but that could be due to property tax exemptions being taken. If I was going to spend that kind of money I would purchase in the surrounding neighborhood, just to the south you have The Montrose, eeeeeeeek, I love the neighborhood between W. Gray and Westheimer.
    Posted from my iPhone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information