Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A peek at Candy Spelling's colossal 17,000-square-foot attic

There's a great old Dominick Dunne piece on her - Candy's Dynasty
    Thanks. I will have to read that. I loved all his work. I'm sure it's a great read.

I have almost a hundred different kinds of light bulbs (for everything from koi pond reflectors to French lampposts), plus unique duplicates of every carpet, wall covering, upholstery fabric, stone, and paint used in the house. Everything is labeled, and I even wrote stories about some of the rare items, such as the tale of how I found the silk for our entry hall walls.
    finally! Now we really know what (some) billionaires wives do with themselves! I also read somewhere that she has an ENTIRE ROOM just for gift wrapping.

people feel like they’ve stepped back into their favorite parts of TV nostalgia instead of a climate-controlled attic.
    she's totally angling for a post-humorous wing at the Getty or Smithsonian.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    There's a great old Dominick Dunne piece on her - Candy's Dynasty

She sends her people over to France to look at houses for decorating ideas, but she tells them 'not the grand chateaux- look at the houses in whatever the Bel Air of France is'. She has servants place shells on the beach so she and her children can find them later when they walk on the shore. She has snow trucked in fromthe mountains so her kids can have a white christmas in their Beverly Hills home.

It's a great piece - he rips her apart.
    OMG- need to read that! Was it an article in Vanity Fair? I did a quick search but no luck. Can someone more industrious than me find it and post the link?

I don't know where it was originally published, but it's in Dunne's book Fatal Charms if that helps anyone looking for it.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Her fucking attic looks like a Costco.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    finally! Now we really know what (some) billionaires wives do with themselves! I also read somewhere that she has an ENTIRE ROOM just for gift wrapping.
    She actually has THREE gift wrapping rooms.

Spelling has three gift-wrapping rooms in the home, including the smallest for everyday gifts (pictured). "When Liam was still coming to see me," says Spelling of estranged daughter Tori's 2-year-old son, "we changed his diapers right here on this table, so it's good for all kinds of wrapping." The other two wrapping rooms include one in the attic, which has a shrink-wrap machine, and one in the basement devoted solely to wrapping Christmas and Easter gifts.

Photos at link: Go Inside Candy Spelling's $150 Million Mega-Mansion - GIFT-WRAPPING ROOM - Candy Spelling : People.com
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I also read somewhere that she has an ENTIRE ROOM just for gift wrapping.
    I was wrong you guys- turns out she actually has THREE entire rooms for gift wrapping. What a freak!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    She actually has THREE gift wrapping rooms.
    Hah- we posted that at the same time! Great minds...

Heh. I wanted to see more of this freakshow house so I hit Google. Some other rooms in that home include (from various sites):

DOLL MUSEUM

"I first collected dolls for Tori when she was a little girl," says Spelling. "But she told me that she was afraid of them – she felt like they were watching her in her room." Spelling had a separate space built for the collection, which contains more than a 1,000 dolls on display and more in storage.

GIFT-WRAPPING ROOM

Spelling has three gift-wrapping rooms in the home, including the smallest for everyday gifts (pictured). "When Liam was still coming to see me," says Spelling of estranged daughter Tori's 2-year-old son, "we changed his diapers right here on this table, so it's good for all kinds of wrapping." The other two wrapping rooms include one in the attic, which has a shrink-wrap machine, and one in the basement devoted solely to wrapping Christmas and Easter gifts.

She also has a 'China Room' for all her china storage. With special hinges made that read 'The Manor':

And an in-house barber shop / salon, which doesn't seem so extravagent in comparison:
    Last edited by Cali; May 5th, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

You think Candy is bad? Just imagine the horror when she dies and Tori gets all that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    Her fucking attic looks like a Costco.
    i know! i was like and she studied great storage rooms around the world or whatever to get ideas for her disgusting storage facility?! the woman is insane. if i had anything to say to her i would say, "get a job!" b/c to waste one's whole life on a single house in this manner is quite sad. she's about 70 and what has she accomplished? I think this is it.

plus unique duplicates of every carpet, wall covering, upholstery fabric, stone, and paint used in the house.
    Candy sweetie- duplicates are by definition not unique.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wretched excess.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Damn - I don't own 17,000 square feet of anything except maybe cat hair.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

me too and i never will probably in all my life

She needs to get a (different) hobby!

As crazy as it sounds I bet that after she moves if she manages to get rid of a lot if his stuff, she'll feel a great sence of relief.
    Something tells me she came from a dirt-poor family? Or has big psychological issues?
    Free Charmed.

^^That, and too much money, not enough imagination.

There could be enture families living in that house & she'd never know it,
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information