Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Park Avenue Penthouse

I can't figure out that bed frame. What is it? Does anyone think it's some vintage piece?

What I really am curious about is that Bunny is one of the top 5 traditional style "chintz and flowers" designers in NY. I wonder why that client chose her? She's loosened up in the last 10 years but this is very out there for her.

^^^
    yes, probably vintage. and i like it. didn't pay attention to it when i was looking at the pictures originally.
    i think the sommier folds up like an accordion and the foot of the bed comes into the frame like a drawer, if you want to put the bed away. you still have to figure out where to put the mattress though so it's not as practical as one of those beds that folds into the wall but i guess it's pretty cool if you have a spare room that you use as an office and some storage in the basement or something to keep the mattress and if people come stay you can get the mattress from the basement and put it on the drawer bed...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

WOULD YOU WANT TO SLEEP UNDER THOSE BOOK SHELVES???????????? that whole picture is a disastah

^^^
    why not?
    also, i doubt it's the master bedroom, looks more like an office/guest room to me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

it just do thats why

Hate the staircase. When I first married we bought an old carriage house and converted it. We thought it would be sooo cool to have the spiral stairs. After about a month of living with them you realize just how useless and annoying they are.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    WOULD YOU WANT TO SLEEP UNDER THOSE BOOK SHELVES???????????? that whole picture is a disastah

Lol. It's bad fung shui to have lots of books in the bedroom too.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^ oh yeah i know, my short (b/c i live in l.a. afterall) book cases are out in the dining area, I don't want books in the bedroom for air quality reasons - allergies, etc. It made a big change when I moved that stuff out of the bedroom I noticed and then put everything else in plastic storage containers under the bed (instead of just stacking it under there) - I looked for beds w/ drawers under them for storage but found none to my liking. also, shoes aren't allowed in my bedroom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information