Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Pantry Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Ahh I'd love a pantry! My gran had one and it was amazing, she was an incredible cook and her pantry was always full of goodies, cakes, chutney, ginger beer, all sorts. These modern ones are so pretty.
    My Gran did,too. It was a big walk in with a window and all sorts of wonderful stuff she had canned in tall jars and put away. I used to love just looking at it all. No store can compete!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I was thinking about it because you can get moisture-resistant wallpaper, but hell, I don't even know what stores sell wallpaper. I've never bought it before in my life. Hmmm, let me google a minute.
    *cough*

wallpaper denver - Google Search

My apologies that I didn't keep the thread updated for the Viking to use as inspiration.

Free Charmed.

The Viking didn't do a damn thing but the counters, and he only did that because I was having a hissy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh I thought that he ...... Oh well...

I'll see if I can find more stuff (after I've loaded the slim Axl photos for Moaning Montana Mama (love that alliteration) & have done a couple of chores (shopping, cleaning my carpet since my pal meant me her carpet cleaner, lookinging forward to seeing that pattern again!) I've seen some lovely ones ssomewhere...
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My Gran did,too. It was a big walk in with a window and all sorts of wonderful stuff she had canned in tall jars and put away. I used to love just looking at it all. No store can compete!
    That's exactly what my grans was like too, funny the things that bring back fond memories eh?
    McJag likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I wish I could make my pantry look like one of these, but in most of the commentary they say that they have the constantly used stuff in their fancy pantry, and the rest in a food storage area. My pantry IS my food storage area, so I'm kinda screwed with that.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Peek Inside My Pantry

I like a clean, organized pantry! One that LOOKS good, even behind closed doors.

Take a peek inside:

I LOVE Tupperware and Baskets and that's pretty much what my pantry consists of.

This wall is just the perfect little wall to hang my boys' lunch boxes.
    I label all my bins. I printed these on Easy Peel Clear Mailing Labels (the ones made by Avery.) I have a laser printer, so I am able to wash the Tupperware in the dishwasher & the labels don't smear. And they actually stay on pretty good.

Most of my labels have been on for years & have had many washings. After printing the labels I cut around the words & stuck them to the bins.

Here is a closer look at some of the bins:

The very bottom shelf under all the Tupperware is where I keep my overstock of paper towel.

and next to the paper towel, closest to the door is where I keep potatoes.
    Remember the shelves of baskets? (all the baskets are from IKEA from a few years back, oh and same with the stool, that came from Ikea too)

Let's take a peek at what's inside those baskets:

On the very top shelf I keep school lunch stuff. Stuff I don't want the boys to be able to get for themselves. (juice bags, bagged chips, etc)

In the basket on the next shelf are all my boxed items.

Next shelf holds all my canned soup.

Below that the basket is filled with canned fruits & vegetables & tuna fish.

The basket on the bottom shelf holds miscellaneous stuff (like bbq sauce, spaghetti sauce etc.)

and the basket that sits on the floor is my overstock of ziplock bags and paper lunch bags.

The reason I LOVE BASKETS is because they hide the not so pretty things.

Someday I plan on labeling the baskets too.

I have to share with you how my 2 year old entertained himself while I reorganized my pantry today.

This is what he was up to...

little munchkin got into my games!

HeLOVES to play with everything BUT toys.

Guess I have some more organizing to do.

But until I get to the games, I'm going to enjoy my clean, organized pantry...

... because this is the nicest it will ever look!

Don't have a pantry to organize? There are some really cool ideas out there on creating a pantry with shelves & fabric covers.
    Brookie and Just Kill Me like this.
    Free Charmed.

fgg

i bet she makes all kinds of moist, jiggly concoctions with that huge container of "jello mix".
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I love the idea of baskets, and they look really nice here, but in reality I'm always getting my sweaters or tights snagged on them.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

That woman's pantry has no soul and she eats utter shite. I don't like it.
    Tati likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I feel unclean looking at her pantry, like I am a failure, then I realize I have not pantry, in fact hardly any cabinets, then I crawl into the imaginary space inside the kitchen island I will purchase and cry. .. for realz.

Seriously, that bitch's pantry is amazing, not the contents but the placement!
    Karistiona likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

More pantry p*rn...

Pantries

October 28, 2009

Kitchen Ideas

The Pantry

I dream of having a pretty and organized pantry. Especially in the fall! My new house does have a walk in pantry right off the kitchen, but it is pretty basic, just wire shelves. I’ve been looking around at inspiration photos and thought you’d have fun seeing these lovely pantries as much as I did!
    I have these same baskets — I hope to get my pantry as organized as the inspiration photo! Hmmm…someday!
    I love the open shelving in this kitchen and I have no problem seeing pantry items and dishes out in the open. I like seeing “real life” so the open concept doesn’t bother me at all. But if it bothers you, I’d keep the doors on!
    This is a fairly small pantry but with the open glass doors it really makes it a feature of the room as well as a functional space for all kinds of kitchen storage.

Love these pullout style pantries, they sure look like they can hold a lot!
    I have always tried to have a baking center in my kitchen (like we talked about in this post), even in a small space it is fun to organize all your “baking needs” in one area.
    I actually just took the doors off of my upper cabinets in my kitchen baking area a couple of hours ago. I was thinking of having glass doors made, but I might skip that expense for awhile and just keep them open!
    I don’t have my kitchen all fancified yet (and now that I see those yellow cabinets (above), I can’t stop thinking about wanting YELLOW ones!), but here is my first attempt at making my new kitchen more to my liking (below)!
    I took off several other cabinet doors in the room and filled the shelves with all my white dishes. It is amazing how much bigger and brighter my kitchen looks, even without painting any of the cabinets (or adding my beloved subway tile…sigh, someday — I still have a big box of it so don’t be surprised if I get inspired late one night to try tiling a backsplash!). I’ll show you the dish cabinet photos another time, I didn’t take a picture yet. As you can see, I love the open shelf concept for pantries and dish cabinets. Something about it just feels homey and “real.”
    A regular cabinet or freestanding unit can work great to store pantry items! Most of my kitchens have needed extra storage and a freestanding cabinet has been a lifesaver.
    For more inspiration, check out my post on Frugal and Stylish Pantries!
    Inspiration images from BH&G Kitchen & Bath online (find the rest of their kitchen pantry ideas on their website right here!)
    Free Charmed.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I freaking love the pull out pantry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

My folks had one built in to their old kitchen, it was from Ikea. Such a great idea to use up wee bits of space in the kitchen. I don't know why I've become so obsessed with pantries all of a sudden, but I totally want one!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information