Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Pantry Heaven

Don't you just store food and shit in these things? They gotta look like a GQ shoot?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Shhh! I'm trying to get Tati to do a make over on her new home!
    Free Charmed.

Oh, I will, I will.

Of course, we have to fix lame stuff - like leaks and shit, shit like that - first.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Piffle & poppycock!!! If you want to spend your time doing essential repairs instead of painting random walls pretty colours....
    Free Charmed.

I like the way you think! K, I'll build a wee guest bunky, you come visit, then we go do yours.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

We only have essential stuff like building the rest of the house... Nowt important...
    Free Charmed.

Silver Member

I really want to get a much bigger pantry but I live in a granny flat and I doubt I have the room to get a bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I really like the gray and white one. The one with all the gift shop tags is just creepy.
    It IS! And it's not even practical because those ugly/creepy things are going to get torn off. And I don't know about other people (those who do NOT have anger issues), but about the 3rd one that came off, I'd bust every damn one of them out of sheer petulance!
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "case AND point"????
    And thank YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Don't you just store food and shit in these things? They gotta look like a GQ shoot?
    I like organization but... some people (crazy gift tag lady) take it too far!
    greysfang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"Faith, trust and pixie dust"?????

Excuse me while I hurl.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hurl into the decorative labeled canister marked "vomit" so everything stays organized.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Ok, pantry people. I've not got much energy or ability to fix up the inside of the pantry right now, but my plan is to do some decorative vinyl or stenciling on the outside of my pantry doors cause they are UGLAY and old fashioned. I just redid the kitchen and have new cabinets and everything, but the pantry is over on the dining room side and it would have been ridiculously expensive to have it replaced as well. So, I just took out the pantry cabinet (it's built into the wall and I can take it loose from behind and slide it out) and painted the cabinet and doors. I swear the damn thing was made in the 60-70s. Can you guys come up with some good ideas or pictures of something to stencil or vinyl on the front of it?

It's very similar to this:

but with some curved carving similar to these kind of doors:

Like I said, they are fugly and from the 1960s-1970s. The new cabinets are all shaker style, but the pantry isn't really in the same line of sight as the new cabinets so it's going to have to wait a good while to be replaced to match the others. I just need some help to make it look less fugly.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Hey novice, you need to update this thread. Since I've got guys standing around doing fucking nothing while waiting for the wiring guy, I cleaned out the pantry last night (or i should say I supervised the boys cleaning out the pantry) and the worker dudes are going to strip the paint and sand down the walls and shelves today. That means I have to choose the colors I want THIS WEEKEND. I didn't intend to do the pantry yet, but I don't want to pay guys for not working ya know. Right now this one is winning:

The color is nearly perfect, but all the stencil work might just be too much work to get done my next Wednesday or Thursday (which is allegedly when they're going to start working on putting the kitchen cabinets in).
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What about a wallpaper instead of stencils?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I was thinking about it because you can get moisture-resistant wallpaper, but hell, I don't even know what stores sell wallpaper. I've never bought it before in my life. Hmmm, let me google a minute.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ahh I'd love a pantry! My gran had one and it was amazing, she was an incredible cook and her pantry was always full of goodies, cakes, chutney, ginger beer, all sorts. These modern ones are so pretty.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information