View Poll Results: What is your most hated yard chore?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mowing lawn.

6 30.00%
  • weeding.

6 30.00%
  • watering lawn/plants/flowers.

2 10.00%
  • pruning trees. shrubs, bushes, etc.

0 0%
  • leaf and litter clean up(including pet 'wastes'

4 20.00%
  • other.

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most hated Yard 'chore'

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I love having a pretty garden/yard, but I hate planting and digging in the damn dirt!
    OMG! There is something that bothers me SO much about dirt on my hands and under my effing nails! It's horrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    You would think they could come up with a grass that would only grow half and inch a week.

We sent men to the moon over 40 years ago, but cannot have a grass like this?

*I just finished the yard. It is nice out so it was not so bad. Still hate it though.
    I'd like to turf our yard... but since I don't mow (my brother does and he has a ZTR mower and we LOOOOOVE it!) I don't complain too damn much. I just keep beer in the fridge for the days when he's mowing.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I have changed so much in the last couple of years. I bought a new home (old actually, but new to me) a few years ago and I was so eager to redo the yard completely. I spent a small fortune on it, landscaped it all myself, put in new sod, created landscape islands throughout the area and planted so many beautiful plants! I kept it up for two years, weeding, mowing, primping...anything to make it the best yard in my neighborhood. This year, however, I haven't mowed my lawn in 3 weeks...it is almost a foot high. The weeds are even taller and my beautiful sod is being taken over by crabgrass. I hate it, but I also fear it has gone too long and too far for me to correct it at this point. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    I have changed so much in the last couple of years. I bought a new home (old actually, but new to me) a few years ago and I was so eager to redo the yard completely. I spent a small fortune on it, landscaped it all myself, put in new sod, created landscape islands throughout the area and planted so many beautiful plants! I kept it up for two years, weeding, mowing, primping...anything to make it the best yard in my neighborhood. This year, however, I haven't mowed my lawn in 3 weeks...it is almost a foot high. The weeds are even taller and my beautiful sod is being taken over by crabgrass. I hate it, but I also fear it has gone too long and too far for me to correct it at this point. Ugh.
    I bet it would not be that yard to correct. Gays do so much when it comes to fixing up old homes..especially when it comes to first helping to turn a neighborhood around. Sometimes it even ends up with the neighborhood becoming a gayborhood! It sounds like you put so much effort into it-don't give up now! If you have too, you can hire some kid to help you with some of the worst and simplest yard chores to give you more time on the other stuff.

I hired a neighbor kid before to help me with huge chores before. They usually don't mind the heat and dirt so much-they are kids.

Never had a yard in my whole life. But if I get one some fine day, the bf'll be the one to do all the chores
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

burying an animal that just passed away.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

I've lived in my house for 12 yrs. I have never once mowed the lawn. NOT because I am some kind of diva freak show, but my husband is a fucking lawn NUT and cannot allow me to mow because I won't mow it 'right'....swear to God.

Fine by me.

You guys will not believe this...it's a Christmas in July miracle...I came home from work today, dead tired after a long, grueling week...in my head I allocated two hours tonight to mow and weed in hopes of getting something done to improve it. Well, to my utter surprise, my best friend (the one I wrote about in the relationship section) had been at my house all day...it was mowed, edged, the bushes were trimmed, the driveway and sidewalk was swept, the day lillies had their dead flower stalks taken out...it looks amazing. God, I love him!!!!!! It took him all day and he was just wrapping up when I got home! Wow! I am a lucky guy!

Fab friend Str8! How lovely!

My most tiresome "yard" or GARDEN chore (a yard is paved where I'm from, no grass just concreat) is telling the gardener off when he's strimmed some plant that I've been nurturing a-g-a-i-n!!!!
    I'm trying to make a herb garden & our weeds grow thick & fast so he's got explicit indtuctions where not to strim. We'll see how long it lasts. He's killed some many plants including black currant bushes, old borbon roses, etc etc etc.... *sob*
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    You guys will not believe this...it's a Christmas in July miracle...I came home from work today, dead tired after a long, grueling week...in my head I allocated two hours tonight to mow and weed in hopes of getting something done to improve it. Well, to my utter surprise, my best friend (the one I wrote about in the relationship section) had been at my house all day...it was mowed, edged, the bushes were trimmed, the driveway and sidewalk was swept, the day lillies had their dead flower stalks taken out...it looks amazing. God, I love him!!!!!! It took him all day and he was just wrapping up when I got home! Wow! I am a lucky guy!
    Oh,lawd! Keep him at all costs. What a treasure he is!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

De-cobwebbing the outside of the house. The spiders crawl down the brush and dangle in front of you. Then they all rebuild and move back overnight. Waste of time.

Weeding my mothers garden, not only is there Cobblers Pegs in there but a resident brown snake that I have to keep an eye out for.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information