Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The modern decorating thread

eco-friendly pillows.

^^ Those are hot pillows. What makes regular pillows non eco friendly, if they're made from natural fibres?

Ok, dining room update: it is complete.

Last night a friend and I made a mad dash to IKEA, only to get there RIGHT as it closed.. so we snuck in the exit, snagged the table and got in line right as the last person was going through the cash. Of course, it didn't fit in the car, so we have to tear all the packaging off just to get it to squeak in.

We put it together at like midnight, while enjoying Mel Brooks on the movie channel and eating icecream.

This aft, i went and got my chairs (only got 3, the 4th needs to be dug out of some other warehouse, but whatever), hauled them back to my place in a van taxi, and then spent an hour scrubbing them with some baking soda and water (great cleanser, mild but really works) and then working on the stains with a little vinegar. Got them all done, so per the below.,.

as a sidenote, I appear to have the most kitschy retro-modern apartment in the fucking city. now.

Last edited by Grimmlok; September 4th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Very cool space. Is your paint colour Debbie Travis' Twig, by any chance? I have a very similar colour in the living room of my Toronto house.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

the back wall is the Behr color "Mississippi Mud".. the wall with the platter lamp in front of it is "Ostrich Egg"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ Oh, I thought those might have been the same colour with the lighting making them look different. The Mississippi Mud is extremely close to my living room colour (and spare bedroom, now, but that was a mistake...).
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

grimm, i love it!!! very sexay.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sweet find, grimm!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Grim that looks amazing, I really like the chairs better in that color than the red.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Yeah, I do too. Those are just minimally padded vinyl seat pads, i'm going to take the fluffier red cushion and have a shop 4 copies in black instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    ^ Oh, I thought those might have been the same colour with the lighting making them look different. The Mississippi Mud is extremely close to my living room colour (and spare bedroom, now, but that was a mistake...).
    They're complimentary colors.. i used the Behr website to choose them, it's really neat. Pick any color and it will automatically give you a handful of complimentary colors to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ^^ Those are hot pillows. What makes regular pillows non eco friendly, if they're made from natural fibres?
    pillows made from natural fibres are definitely eco friendly. that is if the print is made with some type of natural pigment. the ones i posted are made from recycled polyester. and the ink used for the print is an eco friendly one. most of the time, inks = chemical waste. and they're labelled as eco friendly because they allow polyester to enter a second life cycle (which is important as it offers a (minor) solution to the growing plastics/polymers waste problem). they can also be recycled again at the end of their life. so in that aspect, you could even call them eco friendlier than all natural fibre ones.

---

i would steal the floorlamp in the 2nd pic in a microsecond. très chic.
    the chairs & table look great together!

the floorlamp came from Ikea.. can you believe it? Back when they had SOME imagination.

Silver Member

Question: since Honey posts most of the threads and Pet threads, is she a Mod? thanks.

Is there a reason you can't ask her?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Silver Member

oh, ok. Honey. Are you a Mod? lol. i notice you post alot of the threads, just wondered. you do a great job.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information