Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: McJag's weekly home organization assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

I love it Chalet
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

This weeks assignment: Choose one - Clean all your kitchen appliances inside and out. See that shine. This includes toaster crumbs and splashes in the microwave.

or Get that linen closet looking like a magazine. You'll feel better.

Why not label the shelves?

I'd like to join the cleaning brigade. My condo looks like a tornado has hit due to weeks of neglect at cleaning. I am unmotivated but sad about this state of affairs. I need a swift kick in the behind.

My aim over the course of the week is to make it spotless and decluttered.

Do it and you get a star on the GR Walk of Clean Fame.

Just go one area or section at a time. Don't try too much at one time. I always say it makes us feel better because chaos at home spills over into our daily lives outside the home. Feng Shui and all.

If you are a person that tends to display everything, put it behind closed doors (like stuff all over the bath vanity). I guarantee you'll feel better.

Woo-hoo! Thanks,Chalet! That first linen closet makes me feel like Martha Stewart!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I can't do this week's assignment. Both are already done. On "kitchen day", I spend the entire day on the kitchen. I clean all the appliances, throw the oven into self-clean, wash the drip pans, clean the outside of the cabinets, re-organize the inside of the cabinets, sweep, mop. Then on "laundry day" (which is really just put clean laundry away), I put all the laundry up, organize dressers, organize closets, and to clean the washer and dryer.

Since my kids are gone for the week, I am steam cleaning every room in the house, and cleaning the windows. (I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me paint the computer room purple, so that my be on the list too...still trying to convince).

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I can't do this week's assignment. Both are already done. On "kitchen day", I spend the entire day on the kitchen. I clean all the appliances, throw the oven into self-clean, wash the drip pans, clean the outside of the cabinets, re-organize the inside of the cabinets, sweep, mop. Then on "laundry day" (which is really just put clean laundry away), I put all the laundry up, organize dressers, organize closets, and to clean the washer and dryer.

Since my kids are gone for the week, I am steam cleaning every room in the house, and cleaning the windows. (I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me paint the computer room purple, so that my be on the list too...still trying to convince).
    Maybe Chalet needs an "advanced class"! At least yours is done-she might let you have a star...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Maybe Chalet needs an "advanced class"! At least yours is done-she might let you have a star...
    Nah..I don't need a star...maybe a convincing argument I can use in order to gain a purple room. I even tried the entire "hot sex" argument, to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Nah..I don't need a star...maybe a convincing argument I can use in order to gain a purple room. I even tried the entire "hot sex" argument, to no avail.
    Really,Boogs-sometimes you just have to plunge it. You need to SEE the color up before making a decision. Wait till he is gone,then paint the room. It might not be as good as you think-or far better than he could ever have imagined! Just do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Really,Boogs-sometimes you just have to plunge it. You need to SEE the color up before making a decision. Wait till he is gone,then paint the room. It might not be as good as you think-or far better than he could ever have imagined! Just do it!!
    I had the exact same advice. Just do it while he is gone for the day. It's only paint. If you need to convince him, they have those cute litte paint samples now. You can paint a piece of poster board (or two) and tape it up for a while to see if you both like it.

I am ashamed at myself. I didn't do the medicine chest yet. So I'm far behind because of the linen closet although mine doesn't look too bad just needs a little straightening. My oven self cleaning feature is broken and now my built in timer doesn't work.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Great idea ladies!!

I'll throw my cleaning gloves in the ring and join you!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I have a horrid picture of my bathroom vanity table thingy... I'm so taking care of it this weekend.
    I plan to sort all my son's clothing for give away and if I can stand to part with anything of mine I'll hit my clothing, too... I've got a "secret" clothing pile that is growing a bit too much.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I am pleased to report that although I'm not at the stage of closet organization, I have literally been cleaning all afternoon. I am seeing the floor in large patches and I'm having some friends over. I guess that's all it takes to get the fire burning under me to clean. It's still a mess but I think in the next two hours I should be able to make it at very least, highly presentable. I intend to tackle fridge cleaning and closet organization tomorrow.

Oh hey Chalet! I cleaned my oven and washed my walls today. Do I get another star ?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

What! At it again you brown-noser!

Say-I cleaned all the meds out & have a biggie pile to go out. I saw where flushing them killed fishies and land fills kill birds-how the heck to we get rid of them safely?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information