Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: McJag's weekly home organization assignment

Elite Member

I would post in this thread, BUT, that would mean I have to orgganize, and organization is my weak point.

300 hundred design magazines - gone. Tossed. Many years ago I started tearing out the pictures that I wanted for my files and tossed the magazine.

So who did some spring cleaning?

Question: Do you keep paperback books? Unless I know it's something I'm going to read again......poetry, how to books, short stories, I give them to the nun's thrift shop or give them to friends.

Paperback books are not decorative, take up a lot of room and they hold a lot of dust.

This past weekend I totally reorganized my room (not my choice, the SO got into a mood and re-did my whole room lol)... He completely rearranged all my furniture and I cleaned out my closets from winter clothes and stuff I just don't wear anymore. I know I'm a pack rat but my closet was ridiculous. I found a ton of old Abercrombie shirts from HS, they went straight into the donate bag!

- I donated 4 old prom/homecoming dresses for 'A Cinderella Ball' in DC that gives disabled teens a prom they might have missed out on
    -collected all my sweaters and all winter clothes and put them in storage bins
    -organized my built in shelves with my awesome heels
    -folded all my clothes and neatly placed them on the shelves
    -organized my shirts, jeans, dresses, skirts, etc by color scheme (we'll see how long that lasts)

I'm actually really proud of the work I got done. I'm gonna try to keep this clean living up...try being the operative word!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Lax! You deserve that award!
    Chalet-I only get hardbacks & books on CD's. Those are recyled thouroughly! First,my sister. She gives them to my aunt. Then it starts on cousins! I keep my favs in 2 tall bookcases in my unused "library room" as my hubby calls it.
    I still love all my new appliances! I swear,without this thread I don't think I would have thought of it. My favs-still that LG washer & dryer set. I would have to give up Mr. first. Both play the most joyful tune when done with a load-like saying"Look what we did!"
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Congrats, Lax. My cleaning has also been fast tracked not by choice (kind of). I'm moving to a new condo so I've been decluttering and reorganizing. It feels great but it's so wearing. I feel like I've been packing forever but I've only been doing it for a week.

For Kitchen and Pantry organization. Congratulations!

It's back to school Mom's, Mum's and Dad's.

So? What needs organizing for the school year?

How are those bookbags looking? Last years sneakers? (runners, tennis shoes).

How are the kid's closets and drawers? Do their clothes even fit after the summer? PURGE baby PURGE.

A student cannot concentrate, study or feel relaxed and safe in a chaotic room.

Today I cleared out my wardrobe, and got rid of three bin bags of clothes (most will goto charity shops) and put some new clothes I have bought in, it feels pretty satisfying to have a good clear out

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Today I cleared out my wardrobe, and got rid of three bin bags of clothes (most will goto charity shops) and put some new clothes I have bought in, it feels pretty satisfying to have a good clear out
    Isn't that the best feeling?
    Chalet! I got an award!! You are not getting sick,are you??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It's 2010 - Twenty Ten, Two Thousand Ten - say it any way you want to - but did any of you make organizing a resolution for the new year?

Which area will look so much better this year?

Do you subscribe to "less is more"? The less that's cluttering up a room, the more you'll see and appreciate. Negative space is a great thing.

How about this holiday season's photos? Have them printed and put in frames around the house. I've noticed that people just are leaving them in the computer and all they have are old pictures.

We just bought a new (old) house a month or so ago, and are still organizing and arranging. Now that we know how the place functions, we need to make some changes... switch our room to the guest room, the baby's room to our room... and we DESPERATELY need some book shelves. We moved with all of our books, natch, but kind of forgot that we used to have built-in shelving, haha. They're in ever-so-artsy stacks on the floor at present.

I'm thinking that this place is going to end up with several small bookshelves throughout the house rather than a main library. Don't really want to take up too much floor space in the living room... maybe floating shelves?

That's an interesting comment about the photos, Chalet... I'd like to get a few digital picture frames that don't look too cheap or techy or have wires coming out of them.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information