Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Martha’s Vineyard Escape

Too rustic

Call me anal/OCD, but I prefer matchy-matchy furniture. Mismatched colors and types of furniture bother me. Nothing connects here. But I'd love to live in that house.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Call me anal/OCD, but I prefer matchy-matchy furniture. Mismatched colors and types of furniture bother me. Nothing connects here. But I'd love to live in that house.
    I'm the same way - things need to go together. I'm very symmetrical, very matchy...very boring I guess.

I like this, but I'm not digging the paint coloring on the walls against the wood. Yellow? Really?

Also I didn't realize that peeling bathtubs were chic, I'll have to tell my landlady.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Also I didn't realize that peeling bathtubs were chic, I'll have to tell my landlady.
    My window frames are extremely chic, then .
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Bronze Member

That house looks pretty in tune with the rest of Marthas Vineyard architecture. Once you get off the woods hole ferry, it looks like a scene from the 1800s. While the architecture is interesting, it can be over bearing at times.

Elite Member

I LOVE it. I'd replace the flat bed, and make a few minor adjustments, but that is one comfortable home.

Elite Member

I love it. It looks like summer to me. My SIL used to rent a cottage-y type house in MV decades ago when it was still relatively inexpensive and before the Clintons started coming. It was so casual and almost had a cabin-like feel to it. It wasn't a big house, but there were lots of nooks and crannies where you could put an extra bed. So she'd invite family and there'd be may 10 or 12 sleeping in this smallish house.

We'd eat outside on picnic tables to accommodate everybody and then sit and play cards and board games at night.

There was only an outside shower (with wooden walls and a door, of course) and it was so nice to shower outside with the sunshine on you. It was idyllic. This house really has that feel to me.

My SIL wound up making a shitload of money and a couple of years ago built a gorgeous contemporary house on MV...And when they did her father-in-law's one request was to have an outside shower. So they have that along with the indoor bathrooms.

The house she used to rent is on prime real estate in Chilmark and it is long-gone, torn down and replaced by something fancy. It's nice to see a house like the one in this story that preserves the old-timey feel.

I would make minor adjustments of course like most here, but overall I love it and love the outdoorsy, comfy, natural feel to it. I really like how they make the best of the spaces and nooks and crannys.

I love houses like this, one and a half stories with sloping roofs and walls, dormer windows, gables, etc. I wish they had some more shots of the outside of the house itself, and the layout, etc.

And I bet it costs a bloody fortune, naturally. *damn fuckers with money

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information