Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Laundry styles around the world

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Most people are like you, trust me, I'm in the minority. I have a friend or two that feel the same way. This is my second set and I still hate them.

I had really good top loaders before, maybe that's why.
    I'm with you on that one. I detest our LG front loader and people look at me like I have 3 heads when I say that.

Chalet, I love plain Gain. Mmmmm

I have a Bosch front loader and I love it! The clothes come out practically dry, and it cleans like a dream. I'm a hippie so I make my own detergent out of zote, washing soda and borax. I also throw in some vinegar and use a combo of Dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide. My whites are incandescent. . I used to use bluing, but I don't feel that front loaders have enough water to mix that well.

this should probably go in the newest purchases thread but it seems more appropriate here. behold, my new clothes drying rack:

well, not yet. it's shipped and i haven't gotten it yet. i saw it at a friend's house about a month ago and almost stole hers. i don't put my clothes in the dryer and live in an apartment so usually everything ends up hanging all over the apartment because it's really, really hard to find a decent drying rack. i looked in a bunch of stores and found a shitty one that i fill really quickly and then end up with laundry drying everywhere. i love that this one is massive and most of all i love that it has a rack for hangers on top because all my shirts and dresses have to dry on hangers.
    kasippu and KrisNine like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

^i just bought that at costco two weeks ago! i get so much more laundry done at once because i hang dry most of my tops and now i can do about 20 things at once instead of the 6 or so on my old drying rack.
    sputnik and KrisNine like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^
    my friend also bought it at costco. i don't have one nearby and i'm not a member anyway so i just hunted it down on ebay and ordered it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

that's a great drying rack! i think that will be the next one we purchase. i, too, dry very few things, so a good drying rack is a must, and ours gets full too quickly, it seems.
    sputnik likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

At CVS with my 30 percent coupon it cost 7 dollars for 60 oz.

Just came out, bought some, liked it. However, now I want my wash to smell really good. Something happened with the fresh scent of Tide in the new HE front loaders that we got a few months ago (commercial in my building). I don't want a perfume smell, I want that freshly laundered fake smell you get from the detergent. I'd love to use the expensive boutique stuff but it's not practical.

Anymore brands you use?
    I like the perfumy stuff. The scent boosters, dryer sheets, the whole 9 yards. I'm such a girl.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Dangit, our line is breaking off of its tree. We'll have to rig something up.

Also, I'm looking long and hard at this: Instructions - The Laundry Pod I just don't know if I need it anywhere, but I kind of love it! Maybe for camping?
    sputnik likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Dangit, our line is breaking off of its tree. We'll have to rig something up.

Also, I'm looking long and hard at this: Instructions - The Laundry Pod I just don't know if I need it anywhere, but I kind of love it! Maybe for camping?
    and it could double as a giant salad spinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I'm with you on that one. I detest our LG front loader and people look at me like I have 3 heads when I say that.

Chalet, I love plain Gain. Mmmmm
    Oh, I'm a changed woman. I officially love my new set of front loaders. Mostly because i can wash king comforters, duvets, and duvet covers. No trip to the laundromat.

I love that drying rack. I don't dry my jeans, so i need a rack with a lot of space.
    sputnik and Bellatheball like this.

I saw some less than stellar reviews about the laundry pod, but back in my single, no car, travel to the laundromat days, I would have loved to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I like the perfumy stuff. The scent boosters, dryer sheets, the whole 9 yards. I'm such a girl.
    ooohhh, when it comes to my laundry, so am I! I use the Downy unstoppables, liquid fabric softener and the downy dryer sheets... mmmm my laundry is always so yummy smelling!
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Oh, I'm a changed woman. I officially love my new set of front loaders. Mostly because i can wash king comforters, duvets, and duvet covers. No trip to the laundromat.

I love that drying rack. I don't dry my jeans, so i need a rack with a lot of space.
    welcome to the dark side! I LOVE that my front loader has room for my California King quilt/comforter.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    A scent booster? Off to google...

Fantastic dryer rack up there. I won't hang anything in my super damp bathroom but see those exposed hinges on the bifold doors when the doors are open? They are the best place I can find to hang up shirts.

Those Downy Unstoppables have just started to be advertised here. How strong is the smell? Don't they interfere with the smell of your perfume and stuff?

Might be nice to use for bedding and towels...very tempted by the wash fresh version, I'm a sucker for those 'clean' smells. If it's anything like Philosophy Baby Grace, I'm in!
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

No, they don't interfere with perfumes or anything. Just a hint of freshness. But, if in doubt - just use it on your sheets first.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information