Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Kitchen renovation - counter tops

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    NOW they all come up. Where did you move that door, or was it really not needed.

Love the tile too. Good job!
    Which door? Not sure where you mean.

Thanks kids. All I cared about with this one was that there was no drama.

Ready for the foyer and living room? I don't think you are. She's figuring out how much money she has left. Probably one dollar.

Edith--------get me a beer!
    Coming right up, Archie!

Chalet, you are a miracle worker. Even with a dollar you could do it!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

the kitchen is awesome, chalet!

as for the living room, urgh. why do people buy such fugly furniture???
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

looks great! where's the stove?

Czb - the oven is on Page 7.

She's cooking in it this weekend to prep for the Jewish holidays. The contractor worked his but off to get the guys out of there, but we'll be detailing when we can get back in. 50 people will be traipsing through the kitchen over two nights and I'm invited one night.

Joy of joys - she calls me to say she made a mistake by not listening to me at first and really needs a stand alone freezer.

I pulled out the cabinet to the right of the refrigerator - got a counter freezer and it will slide in without a problem. The new cabinet was rebuilt, a separate dedicated outlet for the freezer (new electrical) plus the freezer - all for a quick 2000 dollars.

Change that living room budget to 25 cents.

*Tips for anything you might renovate.

-It's okay to make on site decisions and changes as long as the contractor is still working there. If they have to return to a completed job and start ripping out, it will cost you more.

- Make your wish list and if it's in your budget just do it. Don't pine for those five body sprays that you wanted but now the walls are closed up.

Post construction clean up took three days. My hands and feet are swollen. I think I organized 60 bowls and 50 baking pieces. The total count for items was probably 600. My post construction clean up goddess is a 20 mule team herself. This kind of thing is very average but this client needed so much hand holding that I just did it. She was complimentary that she never saw two people work with so much care and love. Now THAT was nice.

It's kind of good that she didn't see me dancing on an 8 foot ladder to Play that Funky Music.

I'll have pictures in a couple of weeks when rest is finished. What started this off - the counter top stone looks beautiful. She did walk in the other day and cried a little bit which was sweet.

I know you nearly killed yourself, but how many people get that teary reaction from a delighted client? She will love you every morning she walks into her perfect kitchen for years. Good job,Chalet!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Czb - the oven is on Page 7.

. . . .
    thanks, i missed it.

cool that she appreciated your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Which door? Not sure where you mean.

Not all the pics showed up for me. I was talking about the door by the fridge, but the pics now showed up and I see it's still on the same wall by the fridge.

fix the rest of the house. They have some decent pieces, like the chest against the wall, but need some overall help.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

She needs a new coffee maker badly. I hope she has a hundred left over.

GUTTED. I have $13 dollars for both rooms. And to answer your next question, some of the ugly furniture has to stay. The Spanish style chest on the lower left will be have the front drawer hinged and turned into a flip down front to conceal the tv and stereo equipment. I had an Apple Mac guy set them up to be as wireless as possible.

People are funny. She's really hip and cool. She has great personal style and a fun personality. Their home does not reflect them.

She hasn't gotten a new white coffee maker as I proposed. She doesn't want it to look too perfect. Ya.

I am sure you were thinking "Fat chance!" about being too perfect!
    Job well done,Chalet.

can you at least get them to spring for new curtains? those things look dirty and yellowed. and maybe you could have an 'accident' and fall over and break a few things, you know the ugliest ones?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Slowly.....very slowly. Added molding, created ceiling bays, added lighting, speakers in light soffits. Sofa is getting pillows, blah blah. Did a wool sisal rug on floor with coach leather binding. One dollar!

45 cents left.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information