Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How messy is your house?

My house is pretty darned clean. I feel weird if things are out of order and things aren't clean. OCD, mostly.

^^ guilty
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Okay, I don't feel so embarassed now. I just took the baby for a walk and we walked past a house in our community and their garage looked like HELL. It was SOOOOO bad. They couldn't park their cars in it and it looks like there was no path through the wreckage!

I don't feel so bad now, there is someone else out there that is worse than me! Lmao!

Silver Member

My house is horrible. It is an old home (circa 1948) and I don't think people had as much stuff back then. We are also building a new home in April and I have a ton of stuff stored in various rooms for the new house. Howard Hughes would be right at home here.

My house is in a constant state of being mostly clean. There's always something I've missed or haven't gotten to, yet. While my SIL (Who is an invalid) and brother were living with us, my grandmother payed for a cleaning lady to come every other week, but I'm back to doing it myself completely and I just always manage to get things 75% clean...but then SOMETHING is a disaster, lol.

Right now its the floors and the laundry. Everything is picked up, put away, the bathrooms are spotless, but the hard floors need a serious scrubbing and the laundry pile is huge! I'm especially bad about ironing, because I do so much ironing in my sewing room that I just can't work up the energy to do the regular ironing grind. Hubby and I wind up ironing stuff right before we want to wear it
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I have to tunnel through stuff to get to my bed, does that tell you anything? I have 9 boxes of clothing for "charity" on my dresser, but I can't get them out, I can't make my tunnel big enough! It's almost to the point where shit will get caught in my ceiling fan...

My kitchen, living room, and any area that company would see is usually pretty clean. Keyword "usually".

Unfortunately, my son has taken after me, and his bedroom is also a disaster. He only cleans it when he wants to have a friend over to spend the night, otherwise, we just keep the door shut.

My garage is clean and organized. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    I have to tunnel through stuff to get to my bed, does that tell you anything? I have 9 boxes of clothing for "charity" on my dresser, but I can't get them out, I can't make my tunnel big enough! It's almost to the point where shit will get caught in my ceiling fan...
    I am just picturing you traveling through your bedroom tunnel and it actually made me lol.

My house is very tidy and pretty clean, but the floors could use a wash and I am sure there is dust somewhere. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, too, but unfortunately, I married a slob.

I'm Monk. I said before, I come over and clean all of your houses.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I have the rotating mess. It's an assortment of like 4 boxes with
    misc. things and tons of paper that needs to be shredded. It moves
    from room to room. Currently it is split in 2, one half in my room,
    the other half in the laundry room. It mocks me and calls me names
    when I walk by.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post

CHILLYWILLY!!!!!!! I LOOOOVE MONK! My hub calls me Monk and makes fun of me all the time saying that he thinks Adrian & I are television soulmates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am obsessed with that show!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Heh, I'm not Monk, nor a neat freak, but I have standards. I went over and cleaned a boyfriends apartment in college because it was too revolting to be withstood, and did the same thing to hubby and his roommate's apartment when we started dating (His roomie was a friend of mine) There's just...a point, you know. When pizza is stuck to the wall?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    cheese covered perogies
    That just makes me

Back on topic, my room is a complete disaster. I have tons of closet space, and armoir, dresser, and a dirty laundry hamper but my clothes always end up on the floor. One day I will grow up and learn to keep my place in order....one day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I keep everything pretty neat and organized because I am a little obsessive. However, it does get messy from time to time when things get really hectic. It usually gets to a point where I can't stand it anymore and i do a huge cleaning/organization session.

i'm messy but after a few days the mess starts to piss me off. unfortunately, i detest housework and tidying. it's a constant battle.
    i finally bit the bullet and hired a cleaning lady a while ago. best money i ever spent. she comes over once a week for 2 to 3 hours and does all the heavy cleaning and ironing and folding up any laundry i might have drying on the rack. then all i have to do is dishes and laundry and maybe sweep the kitchen if i do a lot of cooking that week. having a cleaning lady also forces me to tidy up the clutter, otherwise she can't really do her job.
    so basically my flat is pretty tidy except for a corner in my bedroom that has a chair, a pile of assorted junk, the dirty clothes hamper (not really a hamper, it's one of those giant ikea bags), bags of stuff i have to get rid of, etc... and the closet in my room has boxes and stuff piled on top of it - luggage, sleeping bag, a couple of shoe boxes, etc...

in the kitchen, i need another closet to keep the vacuum cleaner and other cleaning supplies in. the one i have right now is too small and half the stuff is piled on the floor in front of it. i also need a cabinet or something with drawers for important papers/bank stuff/bills/etc...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information