Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about your neighbors?

My neighbors are fine, we just wave. The man next door is a tad nosey, but he stays in his yard, and occasionally offers advice.

Good story about my brother's neighbors:

He built his own home (huge! on the 18th hole of a private golf course, overlooking a beautiful pond,...etc.) just as he turned 30, looked like a young construction worker, flannel, dirty, knit cap, scruffy face. While he was building his home, he would wave at his neighbors. Only one neighbor would consistently wave, and sometimes stop to chat. This man was the only black man in the allotment. No one else would give my brother the "time of day", assuming he was just a scrubby laborer.

Needless to say, my brother now lives in the largest, nicest home in the neighborhood, and has one of the best friends a man can ask for. He has very little to do with anyone else in the neighborhood.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They do say the best revenge is living well - and enjoying it with true friends.

Mine are great. They're friendly and wave. We've spoken occasionally when out in the yard at the same time, help one another out on occasion. But other than that, quiet and no hassles.

The one on the right is a woman who works all the time and I barely see her.

On our left is a middle aged black couple and older sons (I assume). One of the younger men is wheelchair bound.

All the houses on our street have backyard fences (they have to be wood, not chain link) so who knows what goes on there, but as far as I can tell from the front of houses and lawns, everyone keeps their homes and yards up and looking decent. People walk around neighborhood here and walk dogs, etc. too.

The only thing that sucks is the cars of people who drive down this street to get to a subdivision that is further back seem to think our street is a speedway! This might be the summer I get to know everyone on our street better, cause my husband and I are thinking about trying to get a petition from everyone on this street for speedbumps.

Damn near everyone of us has probably almost been hit backing out of our garages/driveways. If people driving through went the speed limit, the only way I would get hit is if I just plain didn't look at all before backing out. Maybe not even then, because if the passing vehicle was going as slow as what the limit in the subdivision actually is, braking (for someone backing out who didn't look) would not only be easier, but able to be done way before the driver even came up by the house where non-looker was backing out.

(Just realize how much I sound like an *old lady* here! )
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think ya'll have all heard about my crazy ass neighbors she is bi-polar and nuts as all get out constantly borrowing something money, cigs, juice, coffee, my phone, she drives me apeshit crazy because she wakes me up early and it pisses me off if I don't ans the damn phone i'm asleep don't knock on the damn door. She has always paid me back in the past for the money i loan her but this last time she didn't and I haven't heard from her so i'm hoping maybe just maybe she is going to leave me alone
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

My neighbours haven't asked for money but we've lived here 3 years and they still haven't figured out to tell the pizza/Chinese food delivery guys to go round the back where they live. We've asked them to about 100 times. Yesterday it happened right while we were in the middle of lunch and we decided to ignore the doorbell. Enough!

I live in a town house. My neighbors are alright, I wave at them and say Hi, thats about the extent of it. I am a reclusive neighbor...hehehe I am always inside, working or out. I hope none of my neighbors thinks I'm a weirdo.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I love mine, we only have neighbors on one side but we hang out with them all the time. I love it that way, it makes me feel safe.

I have pretty good neighbors. Which is quite rare in apartment complexes. My floor is filled with nice people who watches out for us, especially this old guy that lives on the end of the building. He's like in his 70s but he's real cool with us young folks, and he loves to keep things in line if something's amiss. Like when he confronted this guy that used to live on the apartment below me who was beating his kid. he threatened him that he was gonnna call the cops, and if they did'nt come soon enough that he was gonna get our floor to kick his ass.

Soon enough the guy moved and lost custody of his kid.

^^Hey, long time no see, Mr. Authority. How goes it with you?

I have 2 old couples on either side, no problems.
    The kids across the street, 2 little boys, are loud and irritating though, and once ran up to my window and tapped on the glass (to be stupid, disruptive and attention-seeking), so i went outside and blasted them. They're afraid of me now and dont even really come out to play in the street anymore!

I love having that kind of power.

I don't have much to do with my neighbors, which may be a good thing.

I bet my neighbors think that I am 'that weird guy who lives on the corner". This winter after a snowstorm I did not shovel(why? more snow was coming!!!!) and some kids eventually hesitantly approached and knocked on the door. Did not feel like answering the door so I just listened through the door as they waited(ok..I AM the weird guy on the corner ) and their speculation about 'the guy who lives here' was fabulous..from this and that all the way to big time drug dealer!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^^ bahahahaha.. i have a lovely old couple on one side and a family of possum murderers on the other. assholes.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    My neighbours on one side are super Yuppies -- they have all the toys, and lots of money, and they are somewhat snobby. I tried to be friendly, but didn't get far. He is OK, but away a lot and she is your typical snooty West Van type who told me she bought her first house at 18 with her "investments." Her kids are brats. Oh well.

The people on the other side are a retired couple. She's friendly enough, but I've never seen her husband. He is an invalid. I wave to her and exchange pleasantries a few times a year.

Our downstairs neighbours -- now that's another story. Very odd couple. He collects all kinds of disability for his bad back, but runs a house renovation business! She is very secretive and devious -- everything I have ever said to her has been reported back to the landlord to her benefit, so now I no longer speak to her. She is constantly "between jobs" and owns various properties around town but lives like a pauper in Beverly Hillbillies-type surroundings.

They have never cut the lawn or recycled, and now have taken to throwing their garbage on the back lawn so that it can "compost." Er, plastic bags don't compost, plus it's illegal to leave garbage around as we have bears and all kinds of other wildlife around here. They tend to spread all their wood etc all over the front yard -- which is ours -- and we have had several flat tires due to their sloppiness.

His teenage kids spend a lot of time here and they slam doors constantly, use all the hot water up by 10 a.m. most days and just generally act in the same boorish way as the adults in their lives. It's sad, because I thought we might be friends with them, but now I just try to stay out of their way. The landlord tried to evict them, and they refused to leave, so he caved in.

call EI, they hate it when people fake back injuries
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I think ya'll have all heard about my crazy ass neighbors she is bi-polar and nuts as all get out constantly borrowing something money, cigs, juice, coffee, my phone, she drives me apeshit crazy because she wakes me up early and it pisses me off if I don't ans the damn phone i'm asleep don't knock on the damn door. She has always paid me back in the past for the money i loan her but this last time she didn't and I haven't heard from her so i'm hoping maybe just maybe she is going to leave me alone
    the word you're looking for is NO... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. say it with me.

NO.

Get your own.

You stupid bitch.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information