Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever regretted a furniture or furnishing purchase? Why?

Back in the late 90's I bought all new living room furniture. The end tables & coffee table were made of pine. I didn't know that pine was a very soft wood that knicks & gouges & scrapes if you just look at it wrong, lol. Lesson learned! I will never, ever buy anything pine again & I tell everyone "don't buy pine!"

funny story (not really) about plates ~ when I got married 18 years ago, I wanted these clear glass plates. I wanted them because I figured, "hey they're clear, they'll always go with my decor!" I still have & use those plates. I've only broken 2 of them (1 dinner plate & one salad plate. Not bad! Sometimes I do get tired of them though & get the urge to buy something more fun & interesting.

After my divorce, I didn't have any real furniture for my new apartment...I had dreamed about getting a red sofa for a long time...dramatic, exciting, screamed (at the time) single and ready to mingle (yes, I'm old). I got it and now 6 years later, I have maybe sat on it a few times and I hate the color. I guess my style has evolved and I now realize that you should buy timeless pieces, nautral, classic and accessorize with your favorite color...not the other way around where you are buying neutral pillows, throws, etc. to try and tame your wildly red couch.

Can you get slip covers for it Str8?

I have to admit to never regretting buying furniture. A range rover when a friend sold his MB ML really really cheaply 2 mths later... Plenty of clothes but nope never furniture. Probably because I've collected/acquired it over the years... I did buy an ikea bedroom suite that I sold when I moved, but I did love it. The bed was like a playpen & even on a really hot night could sleep both of us comfortably, now we're squished together
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    After my divorce, I didn't have any real furniture for my new apartment...I had dreamed about getting a red sofa for a long time...dramatic, exciting, screamed (at the time) single and ready to mingle (yes, I'm old). I got it and now 6 years later, I have maybe sat on it a few times and I hate the color. I guess my style has evolved and I now realize that you should buy timeless pieces, nautral, classic and accessorize with your favorite color...not the other way around where you are buying neutral pillows, throws, etc. to try and tame your wildly red couch.
    Damn it, a wildy red couch is exactly what a want for this place. Seriously. Of course since I fall asleep on mine and all it would not last long anyway so it would not be a big deal.

with all this damn wood I need color big time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information