Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Favorite candles and home fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't light a bunch of candles for the reasons you listed above - my sister almost started a fire once doing that - but i keep a scented candle in the bathroom (for obvious reasons), one in the bedroom and one in the living room and i light them pretty often. the smell lingers so it's nice to get home and be greeted by a nice smell.
    The fire issue is one of the reasons that I like candles that are kind of wide and short and recessed inside a jar. Much less likely to be toppled and/or start a fire.

In terms of scents, I like bars of soap more than candles. Stepping into a shower after being groggy and smelling something that I really like is amazing. I don't like the way Dove smells. I like things that smell like fruit, or vanilla or just about anything else.
    Brookie likes this.

I don't like Dove either. I can't say why, but it irritates me.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    I don't like Dove either. I can't say why, but it irritates me.
    If I could put a finger on it, I would say that it has an inorganic smell. What in nature smells like freaking Dove soap?

If you type in "Dove soap smells like" in Google Search, one of the top answers is vomit. Not quite what I meant, but seems like we're not alone with disliking it.
    MohandasKGanja and mostroop like this.
    -

I like Dove soap, it smells very fresh to me.
    I have a very sensitive sense of smell and can't tolerate most scents more than one hour. Dove soap is one I can take.
    sputnik likes this.

I'm not a soap connoisseur, I just buy what smells good. Right now, I'm using a Nivea bath soap (is that right? it's in a pump and it's liquid) and it smells lovely. There are a lot of beauty YouTubers who love this stuff and even have their husbands hooked on it too .... it's supposed to be very moisturizing (which I'm sorely in need of right now) and smells heavenly. I haven't tried it or even smelled it (I meant to when I was at Sephora last week, but it as impossible to move in there). Might have to try again this week.

https://www.sephora.com/product/braz...411862:product
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I went to Bath and Body works yesterday morning to get candles. I don't like sweet smelling candles at all, but I do love their balsam candles. They smell like a fresh cut Christmas tree. I got one of those and another candle called Winter. Kinda spicy and xmas tree-ish.

I'm very picky about smells. I don't like anything fruity or sweet. I have a really hard time finding soaps and shampoos. I have a handful of hair products I can use because I don't want to smell like a smoothie or a cupcake.

I used to be huge on incense, but with my kid around, I just don't care for all of the smoke. I'm a hippie at heart and loved nag champa or slightly patchouli scented sticks.

Right now, I'm loving the oil diffusers. I have several that are from Saje. Lots of ones that smell very earthy.
    palta, sputnik and fgg like this.

If you like patchouli, Bath and Body Works has body products in their aromatherapy line called "Comfort". It's vanilla and patchouli. I have the body wash and it's delicious!

Irish Spring has to be the worst smelling soap ever. I can't stand it!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I went to Bath and Body works yesterday morning to get candles. I don't like sweet smelling candles at all, but I do love their balsam candles. They smell like a fresh cut Christmas tree. I got one of those and another candle called Winter. Kinda spicy and xmas tree-ish.

I'm very picky about smells. I don't like anything fruity or sweet. I have a really hard time finding soaps and shampoos. I have a handful of hair products I can use because I don't want to smell like a smoothie or a cupcake.

I used to be huge on incense, but with my kid around, I just don't care for all of the smoke. I'm a hippie at heart and loved nag champa or slightly patchouli scented sticks.

Right now, I'm loving the oil diffusers. I have several that are from Saje. Lots of ones that smell very earthy.
    same. That and a very sensitive nose makes it hard to find candles because i feel like that’s what everything smells like, candles, beauty products, 9/10 products smell like a diabetic coma. And I can’t handle the super heavy patchouli stuff either.
    Do you like muji? They sell diffusers and fragrance sticks and all their stuff smells clean and light and natural.

https://www.muji.us/store/health-beauty/aroma-fragrances/interior-fragrance.html
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    Irish Spring has to be the worst smelling soap ever. I can't stand it!
    My dad loves Irish Spring, so that's what the whole family used until I was old enough to start picking out my own soap. To me, it's not that the smell is necessarily bad (I don't really like it very much though), it's that the smell is OVERPOWERING.

Off topic ... I watch this Youtuber named Jenna Marbles. She has three dogs that are always on the show, a older Chihuahua (named Mr. Marbles) and two Italian Greyhounds (Kermit and Peach). Kermit has a disease (I can't for the life of me remember what it is, my brain keeps shouting Cushing's Disease, but I have no idea if that's right) that makes him a little extra special and weird. She genuinely loves her dogs though and a lot of her YT videos revolve around them. They discovered a while ago that Kermit has a fetish for Irish Spring. He gets all excited and rubs his shoulders, neck and face over the bar repeatedly. No idea why, but he definitely loves it. She made an Irish Spring BED for him a while back, but he didn't like it for some reason. I think her video last week was with Kermit and the Irish Spring again ... she cut and sliced pieces of it and he again rubbed himself all over with it. Dogs are weird.

I'm in the process of trying to whittle down my excess candles (I have too many and they are taking up far too much room). I always buy them on sale and almost always at Home Goods. I have to find at least two of them (I prefer three) with the same scent or I won't buy them. Right now, I'm burning Yankee Candle's Lucious Plum (which I think was discontinued?) and they smell like Christmas. I love candles. I need a support group for them!!
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I use neutral soap, no smell.
    I find it very difficult to adopt new scents.
    Sometimes I buy some new product (lotion, body wash, shampoo) and I would say is one in ten that I end up liking because of the smell. Maybe I like something in the store, but I used it two times and I have to give it away because I can't tolerate the smell.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I got the Winter in the single wick candle and the Wallflower refill. LOVE that fragrance! The store I went to told me they sold out of the Fresh Balsam 3-wick candles by noon. It's very popular.

I got the Campfire Coffee, (plain good 'ol coffee smell), Winter Woods (vanilla, cashmere and cedar wood), Stress Relief (eucalyptus and mint), Merry Mistletoe (classic evergreen and Holly berries) and Fresh Bamboo, to burn in the spring. It has a great spring flower/grassy scent.

I can't beat this one. It's 2 dollars at Walgreen's. I took a chance and now I buy them out.
    My preference is citrus (mango, lime, tangerine), but this one is very soothing and doesn't smell like food.

If I'm spending it's on Voluspa. Great range, long burning. Every kind of scent. Really fills the room. I recommend the tins with the two and three wicks. Great gift, well priced.

I got a Sand+fog cedar & lavender recently. Not my usual scent choice but I’m really liking it.
    sputnik and Nevan like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information