Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Favorite candles and home fragrances

I have a different boss now but next gross sweet scented candle I get will be mailed directly to you
    Brah likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i love florals, but my favorite ever was made by Yankee Candle. They stopped making it a long time ago as far as i know.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I do have a hankering to add a candle to my bathroom, not to burn but for the perfume.
    I notice the Winners store has a lot of pricy ones for reasonable cost. Just not sure which is best to buy. I want one that has a strong lingering but pleasant aroma. But I don't trust what I see because you know how it looks good, smells good but when you take it home and leave the candle exposed to air, the perfume somehow disappears ?
    Or when you once thought it smelled lovely but after a few days you can't stand it?

Pity I couldn't just turn my favorite perfumes into candles and design the container myself.
    Hmmmmm??
    I may be on to something crafty here!

*goes to research DIY candles
    Nevan likes this.

fgg

one of my favorite scents from B&BW was something like twilight wood which has been gone for a while. i get a bunch of yankee candles or B&BW candles when they have sales. we burn through (haha!) candles like crazy.

i got several plug-ins but my husband walks behind me and unplugs them - safety hazard - so i'm getting the gel bead or diffuser types so they can stay *on* all the time.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

There's a candle/decor/whatever factory in my town that has an outlet store and you can get votives 12 for a dollar. It's kind of a crapshoot with the scents you get, but the price can't be beat. I learned of them when we were doing luminaries for the neighborhood and that was where the cheap candles were. I've got a metric asston of them stashed somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i love florals, but my favorite ever was made by Yankee Candle. They stopped making it a long time ago as far as i know.
    it was Lemon Chiffon
    Brookie likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

it was Lemon Chiffon
    You need to check out eBay!

They also seem to rotate fregrances, i 'm sure I saw this fairly recently.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    chalet, i recognise those candles in the pretty metal tins! i didn't know what the brand was called though. i bought one once, smelled lovely, the scent was called suede blanc or something like that and i loved it. now i know where to find it again. thanks!

hahaha that made me laugh. now i know who to send any gross, sweet-smelling candles i get as gifts. i had a boss whose wife was obsessed with yankee candles and would give them as christmas gifts, easter gifts, birthday gifts. i only worked with her husband for a little over a year but she gave me at least 4 or 5 of those awful things. they all smell disgusting. i would just smile, thank her, and then re-gift.
    I get them at Basics Plus, a hardware store. It's the only thing I buy there because I'm not into paying 20 percent above retail for anything. Ricky's has them too.
    Novice likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information