Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extraordinary kids playhouses

^^^That house looks better than my house. Really. I quoted this from the link:

Master builder Alan Mowrer will make their dreams come true with details such as hardwoods floors, specialty windows, lighting, and even electricity. An optional wireless communication system back to the main house can be added for security and parents peace of mind.

WTF? Are the kids actually living in these things? Security systems? What has the world come to, people?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    ^^^That house looks better than my house. Really. I quoted this from the link:

Master builder Alan Mowrer will make their dreams come true with details such as hardwoods floors, specialty windows, lighting, and even electricity. An optional wireless communication system back to the main house can be added for security and parents peace of mind.

WTF? Are the kids actually living in these things? Security systems? What has the world come to, people?
    Yeah, some of these houses even have airconditioning, heating, and working bathrooms.

Maybe I can invest in one of those things and rent them out. Ha HA

Pretty soon they will have mini home communities for these playhouses. People will buy plots of land and build luxury playhouses for the kidlets and sell them for $20,000 and up.
    Last edited by hockeyhorse; October 30th, 2005 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhorse View Post
    Yeah, some of these houses even have airconditioning, heating, and working bathrooms.

Maybe I can invest in one of those things and rent them out. Ha HA

Pretty soon they will have mini home communities for these playhouses. People will buy plots of land and build luxury playhouses for the kidlets and sell them for $20,000 and up.

LMAO!! And the whole little community will be gated, high security, only the parents can bring children in and out of the place. It'll turn into some study on human behavior, and they'll make a reality series!!! I think you are on to something here!

Wow I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

ok, Maybe I'm a spoil sport but does it occur to anyone that kids would have more fun getting a bunch of wood, some nails and a hammer and trying to put together some crazy-looking fucked up thing that they built themselves? Somehow I feel like we're taking away all that is fun, original and inspiring about childhood. My kids will never get one of these. They want a play house, they can plan it out, I'll buy the planks, etc and the whole family can get out there and build the damn thing. These are the childhood equivalent of mcmansions and this means the next generation will think this sort of housing is cool to live in. Bleh...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^That's what we did.

I mean, what happened to like, the Little Tykes plastic playhouses everyone had when I was growing up? I had the NICE playhouse on the block b/c mine was built from wood ourselves (my aunt came and helped-this was when she was majoring in theatrical set design), and then all painted ourselves. Mine was really cool b/c she hooked up a battery powered light inside so we weren't in pitch black around dusk.

But then we grew too tall for it and tore it down. We have a nice vegetable garden instead now

My hubby won't let me buy a playhouse. He says they cost too damn much right now and there is no need for one because they will outgrow it.
    I guess it was nice to look at all the extravagant ones and only "wish".

I asked him to maybe build a treehouse in the back yard for my kids, he said " maybe". I know he won't. I will have to do it myself.

There goes my "dream" of having a playhouse for my little girls.

Maybe I can talk my dad into building one. A small one out of scrap wood. And the kids can "help". Maybe that's better then one of those fancy ones, but the fancy one are sure nice.
    Last edited by hockeyhorse; October 31st, 2005 at 12:41 PM.

You could always buy one of those Little Tikes or Step 2 deals. They have some pretty big playhouses, and the plastic is really durable. Lot less than 1300, that is for sure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information