Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you like this San Francisco ex-brothel rowhouse?

love the home itself...you can't go wrong with a sf row home like that. it's a classic & location alone, makes it worth it.

i'd ditch the decor, the staircase & the inlaid pattern on the wood floors, but the home itself, has great lines & it looks like it gets wonderful natural light.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

And to think it was SEVEN apartments! That place must be bigger than it looks, or those apartments were one room crackerboxes!

I absolutely love it..but..and I know this is strange..it has TOO MUCH natural light for me..WAY too much..I like it darker.

Easy to take care of that though. And it needs a bit 'more'..maybe some greenery? outside. Just a touch too stark-even for such an architectural beauty as this, IMO.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

It's probably got a nice back garden. *grumble* *covet*

With the restoration money they threw at it, and it being in San Fran, especially with that Pacific Heights address, that house has to be worth $8-10. Million.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    It's probably got a nice back garden. *grumble* *covet*

With the restoration money they threw at it, and it being in San Fran, especially with that Pacific Heights address, that house has to be worth $8-10. Million.
    I bet it does too(backyard garden of Eden..also covets and grumbles). I bet it is worth a fortune also. I still would put some period-type planters or something for a little color in the front to counterbalance all. of. that. stark. sharp. WHITE!~ It is beautiful, but it is just a little, just a tad, TOO much 'all white wood and sharp angles'..ya know?

You and I have different tastes, I love the white wood and all the light! Especially the wainscoting in the bathroom...I do think the decor in furniture and stuff inside sucks; it's a bit small for the huge scale of that place. I read it has 13-foot ceilings, it needs furniture scaled accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    You and I have different tastes, I love the white wood and all the light! Especially the wainscoting in the bathroom...I do think the decor in furniture and stuff inside sucks; it's a bit small for the huge scale of that place. I read it has 13-foot ceilings, it needs furniture scaled accordingly!
    The all white wood is just a bit, just a tad, too much for me..and it is WAY TOO bright inside! Although these are just small complaints easily rectified, so I would not really say we have 'different tastes' since we both love the house, right?

*I like the old gingerbread Victorians with the multicolored trim, flowerboxes and planters, etc.(you know, the very GAY-looking ones!..as if gays moved in and did the overhaul!) that you would find in places like Mendocino or up near Eureka.

Honey should post one of them!

I do like this, quite a bit.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Gorgeous house, but i would change up the color scheme a bit and decorate a little differently.

Will someone please give me several (ten) millions of dollars so I can live here, and several millions more so I can just lounge around here and do nothing? thanks.

*Beeyotch is my benefactor shows up, we can share the place..and even rent part out to make some $$$$!!!

All I can say is that was one heck of a nice brothel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Will someone please give me several (ten) millions of dollars so I can live here, and several millions more so I can just lounge around here and do nothing? thanks.

*Beeyotch is my benefactor shows up, we can share the place..and even rent part out to make some $$$$!!!
    I missed this proposition! I like it, I'm IN like Flynn!!!

Gorgeous.. love the decorative details.. the lattice work on the staircase, the inlaid design in the wooden floors, the arched doorways and stained glass window. Lovely.

Not my style but then again I'm from New England and I would take my houses in Cape Cod over this any day.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Perfection. I love San Francisco. And I love all those Victorian-style homes.

Is it wrong that I LOVE the house because it was a brothel? The only thing I don't like are the light blue walls; I prefer darker, jewel tones.
    They say it's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me, I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember even if I don't write it down. -
    Tallulah Bankhead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information