View Poll Results: Do you let people smoke in your home?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, people can smoke in my house

13 18.31%
  • I will make an exception now and then, but it's unusual.

7 9.86%
  • No way, I would never let someone smoke in my house.

49 69.01%
  • Other

2 2.82%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you let people smoke in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I don't allow children in my house.

Oh wait... about smoking. My dad smokes. My brother's girlfriend too so if they are here, no problem. But if I have a lot of people over it gets a bit much and I might banish them to the balcony. The smell makes me gag. I'm just not used to it anymore.

The one thing I'm a nazi about is my car. No one, ever! Well, except my dad but I don't let him take it too often. I let my brother only if he promises his gf won't smoke. Though I think she might sneak one, I've found cigs in it.

That's good to me. I don't either. It is VERY rare that someone brings a child to my house. I have a MEAN cat that HATES children and has attacked everyone that's ever been in my house. I tell them to bring their children at their own risk, but that my cat will not be locked away to please their heathens.

Smoking....I smoke, so I let people smoke if we are having a party. Other than that, we normally smoke outside.

Why would I let someone smell up my house? What kind of gift is that? Just bring a bottle of wine, thank you.

Also, when I was younger (about 16), I will never forget my alcoholic chain-smoking cousin smoking his ass off in the back seat of my car. He was leaning over my brother, who was sitting next to me, and ashes were falling onto his shirt. My poor brother (about 12) was looking at me like, "What should I do?" My cousin, though, was about 8 years older and had a bad temper, so I didn't say anything. In retrospect, I think I should have grabbed his cig and put it out on his f*cking nose (needless to say, more than the smoking made him annoying).

Quote Originally Posted by Folieadeux View Post
    I'm a smoker and even I don't smoke in my house so neither will my friends.

I always find the ceilings of smokers houses are so dingy.

....and why are we looking at all of these ceilings?.....hmmmm?.....

...three-year ex-smoker here.....I stopped trying to control others.....smoke'em if ya got'em......gotta bring your own ashtrays, though, I tossed all of mine......

Ι αdmire ex smokers,i do,i hope i ll become one soon.
    Keep it up,Cynic,dear..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

....keeping it up is never the problem..........keeping the middle-aged gut from becoming a bigger problem......is a problem.........smoking kept me skinny.....eating doesn't.....

....you're stubborn, Effie....that's all it really takes..........then those nasty cigs won't mess up that red lipstick you look so good in.....

I ve pledged to quit when i ll loose enough weight,i became almost sceletal and i didnt.
    Then i said,i ll do it when i feel good to minimaze relapsing,i was in a good place for a while and i still didnt.
    Now,no more illusions,i know i ll quit when i just HAVE TO...

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I ve pledged to quit when i ll loose enough weight,i became almost sceletal and i didnt.
    Then i said,i ll do it when i feel good to minimaze relapsing,i was in a good place for a while and i still didnt.
    Now,no more illusions,i know i ll quit when i just HAVE TO...
    Same here. I had a blood clot in my leg so I am quitting smoking this month. I hate quitting...it's like an out of body experience for me and I become a raging cunt. The holidays should be A LOT OF FUN!!

Anyway, no smoking is allowed in my house, ever.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

AWww,poor Kandy,i feel for you,but this is your body telling you*enough*
    Be strong,bitch your heart out,come here and vent all you want..you can do it,i wish you the best and i am right behind you..lol

Oh Kandy, hope everything is okay. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks ladies. I had surgery on my leg to remove the clot and was in the hospital for 4 days. Scared the crap out of me!! Yes, that was my official notice to stop smoking! Unfortunately, I have a hereditary blood disorder that also isn't doing me any favors.

If anybody needs a 'stop smoking' buddy, I'm your girl!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    People can shoot up in my house, for all I care.
    God, that made me laugh out loud!

Well, I'm hearing all this about 'but until we had kid' and 'nowhere near the children', etc. Well, fuck the children. I'm sick of all this hand wringing over their delicate little selves. Probably a good thing I don't have any, huh?

Even when I don't smoke, I always let others do it, especially my mom who comes over every 2 weeks to clean. I never stopped liking the smell of 2nd hand smoke on someone. Go figure.

My bff forever just had a baby 3 weeks ago. She smoked through her entire pregnancy (in secret) and still does even though she breastfeeds. Personally I don't care. She also wants some weed for now and then useage. Still, I really don't care. But, she had the nerve to express concerns over my mom smoking 'around the baby' in my mom's own house. My mom never had any intention of holding a baby while smoking or blowing smoke arounf the baby, ffs. She actually goes upstairs to another floor but ain't no way she's going outside. If my friend is bothered by that, fuck her. She can keep herself and her nicotine addicted little urchin in her own fucking house (my friend and her husband smoke outside).
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Ι αdmire ex smokers,i do,i hope i ll become one soon.
    Keep it up,Cynic,dear..
    You're a better woman than me. I generally find them to be a pain in the ass, lol!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    You're a better woman than me. I generally find them to be a pain in the ass, lol!
    Oh,i hate the preachers too,i can be VERY rude to them and i never fail to blow smoke into their pure nostrils..lol
    but i admire the humple ones and the jealous ones..

Nope. I smoke and it has never crossed my mind to smoke in the house.. I actually don't like smoking inside ANYWHERE.. restaurants here in Austin have all but outlawed smoking inside establishments so that when I go home and visit businesses where it is still permitted to smoke inside, I still automatically go outside to light up. It's common courtesy, IMO

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

People can smoke in my house because I smoke and I don't have kids to worry about. However, if I go to the house of someone who doesn't smoke and I'm there long enough to need a ciggie I'll go outside for it, even if they tell me that I can light up inside. I would never smoke in the house of a non-smoker. I've even respected that when I've been housesitting for someone else and would have had time to try and air the place out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information