View Poll Results: Do you let people smoke in your home?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, people can smoke in my house

13 18.31%
  • I will make an exception now and then, but it's unusual.

7 9.86%
  • No way, I would never let someone smoke in my house.

49 69.01%
  • Other

2 2.82%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you let people smoke in your house?

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's funny you say that. My boyfriend's aunt gave me a whole slew of really nice leather bags a few weeks ago. I was at her house and she smokes like a fiend. So I picked through a few soft leather beauties. Well I got them home and they reeked. I tried to let them air out and they just stunk so bad I had to get rid of them. It was awful. What a shame.

Ew, you guys just reminded me of my first car. I bought it from an old man who smoked and once I accidently spilled water on the driver's seat (that had cigarette holes in it). when I tried to pat the seat dry, this TAR shit came off of the cushions from beneath the fabric.

It was freaking gross!!!

I smoke, so I let people smoke in my house. But if I go to somebody's house who I know doesn't smoke I don't even think about lighting up. But I hate when a non-smoker comes by my house and starts bitching about me smoking. I tell them to deal with it and keep on smoking.

I smoke but I don't smoke in the house or let anyone else. I have a child who's 2, the way I see it is I can smoke if I want but he doesn't have to bear the consequences so no smoking in the house.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

we do let people smoke herb in our house, but i hate tobacco ciggys (for myself) with a passion. the smell makes me gag, so nope, nobody smoking ciggys in our house. we have friends who smoke that often come over & they make use of our patio. i always make sure that our patio is a comfy & clean smoking area with a table, seat, ashtray, a dartboard (just for something to do), etc.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

i let guests smoke at my place. i'm an occasional smoker - i'll smoke a rollie every once in a while if i'm out with friends and there is drinking involved, or at the end of a great dinner. i also let people smoke pot. i personally never smoke at home but when i have people over i let them smoke. i also don't make them take their shoes off even though i take my shoes off on a daily basis. i guess for me the rules for entertaining are different than for everyday life.
    the only exception is if friends are over with their children, in which case i make smokers go out on the balcony. most of the time i don't even have to tell them, most people i know don't smoke around children.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't allow children in my house.

Oh wait... about smoking. My dad smokes. My brother's girlfriend too so if they are here, no problem. But if I have a lot of people over it gets a bit much and I might banish them to the balcony. The smell makes me gag. I'm just not used to it anymore.

The one thing I'm a nazi about is my car. No one, ever! Well, except my dad but I don't let him take it too often. I let my brother only if he promises his gf won't smoke. Though I think she might sneak one, I've found cigs in it.

Of course I do. Even when I had quit for about a year, and was really sensitive to the smell, I didn't go into ex-smoker Nazi mode. I did crack open all the windows, but I do that now anyway.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

No, we don't. If people wish to smoke at our home, they either go out on the terrace or they just don't.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

It's honestly never come up... I don't think I know anyone who smokes except my parents-in-law, and when they would visit our place that went to the porch or deck to smoke. They don't even smoke inside their own house, and they like to spend most of their time in the outdoor spaces of the home anyway (reading, doing crosswords, having a cuppa), so it's not like it was an imposition on them. They wouldn't "go outside to have a smoke" per se, they would just have a smoke when they went outside.

So it's literally never come up - I can't think of a single friend or acquaintance who smokes, and I think if we were entertaining and someone went to light up inside the majority of guests would probably find it really foreign (not in a judgy way, but it's just really unusual in my social circle and illegal to smoke in any public indoor space in Ontario so people aren't used to it). I wouldn't insist they go outside, as long as it was a rare thing (or I wouldn't have, now that there's a baby on the way it might be different) - but I think they just would go to the porch or deck as a matter of course.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

NO, absolutely not

I am a smoker, but I haven't smoked indoors since I had children and everyone else has to smoke outside as well. The only exception I allow is really elderly relatives, I will let them smoke inside. But that's a rare thing, only around the Holidays or whatever.

I would allow my dad to smoke inside, since he's like my dad, but he shocked the hell out of me and started smoking outside without being asked when my kids were born.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

People can shoot up in my house, for all I care.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Well, our house is rented so, no. I do smoke but weirdly only at work. I never get cravings at home, it's purely to have a break at work, it's a great excuse to get out from behind the desk.

I smoke,inside and out..there is no banning in here still,more so in private places.
    People invited to my house can do whatever they like,long as they dont set the place in fire.
    I also think that if i was to tell a friend to go smoke outside in winter time,he would be mortally offended..lol
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information