Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: A Cosy Cabin Made Of Shipping Containers in Ohio

First off I had to click on this to get it off of the page because I kept reading the title as a Cosby....
    I like them. I don’t have a problem with small homes because we lived on a houseboat for a couple of months and it was the cleanest place I ever had because it was so small! I did hate the shower though.
    sputnik and palta like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^
    i've spent most of my adult life in ridiculously expensive cities so i don't mind small spaces either. it forces you to keep things neat and i have a knack for creative storage solutions.
    6 months ago i moved to a place with a deck, and a (shared with the downstairs apartment) garden, and i have an extra (tiny) bedroom that i turned into my office/extra closet space. it feels positively decadent.
    SHELLEE, fgg, lindsaywhit and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

It's really cute, but as a vacay stay not to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^
    i've spent most of my adult life in ridiculously expensive cities so i don't mind small spaces either.

I lived in 20 square metres throughout my years of studies, and my partner's lavish use of space is driving me slightly insane as I developed intense OCD with finding space-efficient storage solutions .... and he just never lived in less than 50 square metres (furnished by a boy, which means 50sm with like a one person bed, a kitchen table and 2 chairs, and a foldable sofa and a stool. I'm barely exaggerating XD)
    sputnik and palta like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Wow I really like this, not something I would want to raise a family in. It's small but they make great use of the outdoor space too. I love that it's black, it's adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^
    i've spent most of my adult life in ridiculously expensive cities so i don't mind small spaces either. it forces you to keep things neat and i have a knack for creative storage solutions.
    6 months ago i moved to a place with a deck, and a (shared with the downstairs apartment) garden, and i have an extra (tiny) bedroom that i turned into my office/extra closet space. it feels positively decadent.
    Where have you lived, Sput? And... OK, I feel like this is probably something I know, but can't remember, but were these moves personal or professional?

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Where have you lived, Sput? And... OK, I feel like this is probably something I know, but can't remember, but were these moves personal or professional?
    so i grew up mostly in ottawa and geneva as a kid because of my dad's job and then as an adult i've lived in vienna, geneva, santiago, new york and now washington DC. because of work though i moved to vienna after uni because that's where my parents were living at the time, and it's not very expensive at least compared to other european capitals. santiago was a bit of a relief because it was way more affordable (it's actually an expensive city if you're a local but if you're a foreigner on an expat salary it's pretty decent). but new york and geneva (and it's been 3.5 years so far in DC) is where i've spent the longest and they're crazy expensive.
    fgg, lindsaywhit and palta like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^^ Santiago is a very attractive city to live in, I would think, although I've never been there. From what I understand, the violent crime rate is very low, but pickpockets are a problem. Hong Kong is the same, and my children had much more freedom in HK than even suburban US. I love New York so much, but it's way too expensive for me these days, as are LA and DC. I think Hong Kong might be the worst - housing prices are insane.
    palta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    ^^^ Santiago is a very attractive city to live in, I would think, although I've never been there. From what I understand, the violent crime rate is very low, but pickpockets are a problem. Hong Kong is the same, and my children had much more freedom in HK than even suburban US. I love New York so much, but it's way too expensive for me these days, as are LA and DC. I think Hong Kong might be the worst - housing prices are insane.
    Yeah, Santiago is pretty amazing. It's clean, it's got some really pretty areas, and just overall great quality of life. You're an hour away from the mountains for skiing, and an hour away from the beach. The subway system is really great and I've never felt unsafe there, though there are parts of the city that are a little dodgier but i didn't really have any reason to go there.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information