Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BRRRR! What time of year do you start turning on the heater?

I haven't succumbed to the heater yet ... the weather's been lovely here on Cape Breton Island. Tha i grianach agus gl bhlth!

I usually have the heat on October through March and then it is turned off for the spring/summer months. It depends on how much rain we have in the spring though, because cold dampness is very hard on my arthritis.

HEATER? Girl, we are still sleeping with the air conditioner on here!! I think it may have gotten down to the mid 50s last week...we won't use heat until way over into November probably!

Hot house plant reporting in.

My heater goes on when the temp goes below 20 degrees Fahrenhite. Then only for a while until the chill is gone. Windows are open year round. I can't do anything when I'm hot. We had a blackout a few years ago for 24 hours (when half of the northeast was blacked out) and I was the most miserable and hateful person.

Chalet you and I are cold twins. I refuse to turn the heater on until 20's maybe 30's when I feel my bones get cold. That's what sweaters, socks, sweatpants and blankets are for. And I have no tolerance for extreme heat either.

I was surprised how cold it got at night here. On the very day that fall began, it got chilly as if right on cue.

Gold Member

It's been raining in LA, after so much sun the last few weeks. Today is cold and grey. I like it though, nice change. No heater needed yet.

It will probably be November before we'll need to turn on the heat. Then again, there have been several years where I'm still wearing shorts while putting up my Christmas decorations. The weather down here is crazy!

Well I don't think we have ever used our heater/furnace. If we want to "warm up" we open our doorwall and let the normal air in,.

As late as possible. I keep the thermostat low(like at 55 or 60) anyway during the winter cause I like it cold.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

it's still pretty warm here and i'm sick of it. it's not hot and summery enough that you can go swimming but still too hot for most work clothes. i want crisp, cool fall weather. i want to start wearing my fall/winter clothes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Yeah, that's how I feel! And Sojiita that's low! though I can do 66 comfortably.

It's 12 degrees here today (53F), I had to turn the heat on this weekend.

I don't like it too warm, but I was freezing last week, and our complex hadn't had the boiler turned on yet. I was very happy on Saturday when I heard the water gurgling through the radiator!

Elite Member

The heat is ON. It is currently 32 degrees, and supposed to be a balmy 26 degrees when we wake up for the day (in 3 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    ^Yeah, that's how I feel! And Sojiita that's low! though I can do 66 comfortably.
    We have had a few nights in the 30's already and it was not a problem(although we went right back into the heatwave-it was a record hot day yesterday in the nineties again). Also even though I keep the thermostat low in winter, I still only wear shorts, tee shirt, and go barefoot at home-just like I do in the summer! cold is good!

So funny that you started this thread. I just turned mine on for the first time this morning. I'm sitting here thinking I need to go turn it up because my fingers are so cold I can barely type.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hell, here in Houston it's still hotter than a whore on Friday night. I spent the weekend laying around and swimming in the pool - and drinking some icy adult beverages. We figure we'll probably be able to swim right on into December... Texas weather, sometimes you really gotta hate it. I hate it when I see all those beautiful leaves in the fall further up north. We don't really get much of that. The leaves here just fall off and then die. So sad... of course, it sounds like some of you would trade weather with me right now...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information