Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Before & After gardens

^But I'm sure it will be a masterpiece when you're through.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I didn't take any pictures... it is seriously a pathetic mess. A crew came two weeks ago and cleared out two years neglect and gave us something to work on but it's just sad right now. We transplanted about 8 fern plants and they are in horrid shape. We planted some new Mexican Heather and a confederate jasmine... some gerberas and what not, which aren't doing too well due to the ant infestation.
    I'll take a picture tomorrow and we can all have a good laugh.

Okay...
    This is the front bed. The wood is rotten and needs to go; maybe put it in a wood chipper or something. The plants are pitiful but I want to see what happens.

This is the patio off the kitchen; it's a wreck. There are beds that run along the fence so I'm thinking herb garden and some zinnias for color.

This is facing the back fence; there are planters that run along that fence with the palm in the corner off to the left of the picture is the deck and shed... I'm about halfway across the back yard. This thing was such a mess before they came and cleared away the mess. Just ornamentals?

THe hot tub is coming out. I'm just going to let the green stuff do it's thing there. You can kind of see my little green house; one of the panes is broken and the opening in the top won't close completely. I've messed with the mechanism but I'm too scared I'll end up with a rain of broken windows raining down upon me.

I think the little red gate is cute but it needs maintenance. This place was such a mess and has a very long way to go.

I love your front yard. Once things start popping up it will look beautiful. Wow you have a lot of property. I like the red gate too, it's charming. You have a ton of potential and the herb garden sounds delicious. Zinnias are really non-stop color that's for sure.

I am so jealous of your greenhouse. Yeah I don't think I would mess with that either.

I like your kitty. Looks like our Babes.

You look like you have a lot of shade back there. You mean ornamental grasses right? That would go well with your big palm plant near to your hot tub.

I found these flowers today. They could be good for your area too. I can't have them.

El Dorado Gazania Collection

Each El Dorado Gazania was specially bred for vigorous bloom, bushy form, and consistent height. You'll find the collection's mixture of vibrant colors ideal for beds and borders. But why stop there? These tidy gazanias are ideal for edging walkways or planting rock gardens, pots and window boxes, where their cheery blooms will attract plenty of butterflies.

Easy to Grow
    Our Gazanias hybrids tolerate a wide range of growing conditions, including hot, dry and salty environments. Simply space plants 10-12" apart in full sun. A perennial in their native climate, Gazanias will overwinter in the mildest regions of the U.S. (Zones 8-10). In cooler zones, they grow as reseeding annuals.

Wow, I like those flowers!
    That front flower bed makes me laugh when I look at the picture; odd green stuff just sticking up in dirt.

Gold Member

Everything is already blooming here but I LOVE your gazebo. It's gorgeous.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

^^JKM - At least you have something growing in there. It was 27 degrees last night so it's going to take a little longer than usual around here.

Thank you PaintTheTownRed. You can still show us some pics and maybe give us some ideas.

McJag, I think you can use those flowers too. (El Dorado)

I really like those flowers! I'm definitely going to start some babies for the future herb garden in the green house; I may be a bit late but oh well.

Ok keep us posted with the progress. I'm going to take some pictures this weekend and post growth I think I see out there.

So today I did seed planting; I know I'm probably 6 weeks late but oh well. I started little peat moss cups of cilantro, basil, roma tomatoes, zinnias, sunflowers mammath and red, poppies, snapdragons, cantaloupe, yellow squash, green beans, corn... now let's see if any actually grows.

Wow, you've been a busy little bee haven't you? And no I didn't take any pics because I didn't get the chance, but I definitely will tomorrow.

This is my Pink Sorbet Peony just starting to emerge. It has two tones, darker pink on the outside and pale pink on the inside.

This is Wisteria that I got last year just starting to bud.

This is my Josee Lilac I got about 2 years ago. It is only going to be about 3 feet high but flower spring till frost.

This is Georgie the rabbit who lives under our deck.

What a good idea. I'll take some before pics tonight. I cleaned leaves and crap out of the beds for hours on Sunday. About all I have UP now is tulips and daffodils.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

^Great, can't wait to see. My daffodils are already falling over.

Georgie the rabbit? How cool! All of my little seeds are sprouting!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information