Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A weekend retreat in Normandy

Default A weekend retreat in Normandy

a modern take on a normandy cottage, designed as a weekend retreat rather than a conventional family home.
    designed by jérôme vinçon of lode architecture.
    honfleur, normandy

Designed by Jérôme Vinçon of Lode Architecture, this small pitched-roof house near Honfleur might echo other Normandy cottages on the exterior, but the comparison ends there. The structure, which the architects call a “deluxe shed,” was designed as a weekend retreat rather than as a conventional family home. On the ground floor, large square windows frame views of the surrounding meadows, and a galley kitchen opens onto a deck. The main living space is anchored by an Italian-made LTT Illuminated Bathtub (available at Generate Design) positioned next to a wood-burning stove. Upstairs in the sleeping loft, built-in children’s bunks are protected by industrial netting. In order to keep costs down, interior walls are clad in unfinished plywood and floors are covered in black rubber, which is great for insulation and sound proofing. Minimally furnished, this house is proof that style and a tight budget can coexist. Photos by Daniel Moulinet for Wallpaper and from Lode Architecture.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i like the unfinished look but i need to ask this : if the bath is positioned in the living area, where can you find the toilet?

THE BATHTUB LIGHTS UP

sold!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Its lovely, I don't know about the cargo net in front of the hole in the floor though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

oh, don't let my hubby see that kitchen...he'll fall in love! and, the dining table is SO cool...i think it's perfect for a family with young kids. i like that window flanked by the two red chairs...the scene is so picturesque. actually, i really like all of the floor to ceiling windows in this place.

i'm not so crazy about that nylon netting in the sleeping loft. overall, i really like the unfinished look of it all.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

It's quite spartan and the staircase with the netting scares the hell out of me. Best things about it: the views and the bathroom.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

That net has to be there-they have children. Actually,even for adults. That bathtub is MINE,Grimm-get your own! I love the idea of black rubber flooring & those windows. That kitchen is just seductive!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That net has to be there-they have children. Actually,even for adults. That bathtub is MINE,Grimm-get your own! I love the idea of black rubber flooring & those windows. That kitchen is just seductive!
    That's what I meant: netting instead of a bannister scares the shit out of me.
    If you misstep, will the net hold you, act like a safety net and keep you from
    falling down and breaking your neck?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That net has to be there-they have children.
    any kid i know would be climbing up that net in about 2.5 seconds ...i think there are better options.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Hmmm-on second thought you might be right about the net-I thought it was one of those heavy duty ones that once in place don't budge,but-they would climb! Maybe they will make a wood net later. Might be expensive.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    any kid i know would be climbing up that net in about 2.5 seconds ...i think there are better options.
    Without a doubt

The kitchen is way too small. I like the tub too.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

My boyfriend was raised in Normandy (near Mont Saint Michel), I wonder what he'd think of that. Too spartan for me.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Don't go up and down those stairs drunk. And it's creepy dark at night.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    My boyfriend was raised in Normandy (near Mont Saint Michel), I wonder what he'd think of that. Too spartan for me.

Have you ever been to Mont St. Michel? Its wonderful!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Have you ever been to Mont St. Michel? Its wonderful!
    I sooooo wish I had!! I've been to Normandy only once and saw Etretat, Deauville, Trouville, Honfleur, Houlgate and Cabourg. But a trip to Mont St Michel is in the works, prob this summer.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information