Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A copper house in Talca, Chile

Default A copper house in Talca, Chile

a copper house designed by smiljan radic clarke, in talca, chile

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hell to the no.

I think the copper is beautiful, but seriously, does the interior have to be so naked?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Why is the house empty?

this house *screams* dwell magazine.

the interior is a little on the bare side for me (that minimalist bedroom totally works for me, though), for every day living, but the exterior is absolutely fabulous!

and, what's up with the completely normal-seeming dining chairs? they look so out of place to me.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

1) Who the fuck wants to live in a fishbowl for all the world to oggle?

2) More empty minimalism. You know, people actually LIVE in houses. They don't just sit in the single, artfully placed retro chair in an empty room, staring out the window to contemplate the nature of the universe for fucks sake.

3) clean up that pile of hay in the front or you'll get wild asses!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Looks like an updated mobile home. I have to admit-I do love those floors.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It looks like it fell from outer space and just landed in some random field. I happen to care about how a house is sited, and this is ridiculously non-integrated with the environment, which is what gives it a mobile-home feeling.

I love copper. Not impressed with this house, though.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    this house *screams* dwell magazine.

the interior is a little on the bare side for me (that minimalist bedroom totally works for me, though), for every day living, but the exterior is absolutely fabulous!

and, what's up with the completely normal-seeming dining chairs? they look so out of place to me.
    lol i agree about the dining chairs. i think they photographed it when it was barely done and probably not really furnished yet. that said, i would probably choose different furniture if it were my place.
    i love the exterior though, the copper is amazing and i love the construction.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Why is there a bus shelter in this field? LOL It's so minimalist the bed doesn't even have pillows. Now that's harsh.

A*O

It needs to be in a clifftop, overlooking the ocean. And it needs FURNITURE.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol i agree about the dining chairs. i think they photographed it when it was barely done and probably not really furnished yet. that said, i would probably choose different furniture if it were my place.
    i love the exterior though, the copper is amazing and i love the construction.
    heh, i *knew* you'd notice the chairs, too!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    It looks like it fell from outer space and just landed in some random field. I happen to care about how a house is sited, and this is ridiculously non-integrated with the environment, which is what gives it a mobile-home feeling.

i don't agree. i think it is an integrated part of the landscape seeing that the construction follows the flow of the surrounding land and the repurposed copper seems to contrast nicely with the darkish grassy fields. it's quite simplistic/modest in its design but the outcome is pretty fabulous. i dig it.

eta: and the modesty of the house compliments the rural character of its location. i really can't find any faults here.

I like the floors

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Looks like an updated mobile home. I have to admit-I do love those floors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post

Hell I would happily live in a mobile home like this! I really like it, and the spaces inside-I usually do not like very modern HOME architecture. But this I like. Of course I would do extensive landscaping, etc. and you know, actually add FURNISHINGS to the place-hate the minimalist approach in interior decorating!

*Also if this thing would oxidize over time and have that lovely green patina, I would be in heaven-I LOVE that oxidized green copper! If I had the money to have that place, then I would have the money to have it treated to get that aged look too!

*Also it is very possible to make a mobile home fit into it's surroundings with the right landscaping, siting, fencing, 'outbuildings' etc.-so much so that they may not even be recognized as mobile homes-it just is not done very often.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information