Thread: A vision in white

Default A vision in white

A Scandinavian home's clean lines and well-chosen antiques are set against a milky white background, which makes the home's seaside locale the center of interest. In this home office, black furnishings, such as the Arne Jacobsen Egg chair, desk, and built-ins, serve as a bold focal point in contrast with the otherwise white space.

In this long and lean apartment, light shines in from the skylights and the large patio doors. A dining table surrounded by Hans Wegner Wishbone chairs mimics the shape of the room, able to serve many guests. A lack of upper shelves or cabinets in the kitchen keeps things open. The chandelier is the Ingo Maurer Zettle'z light ($1,083).

Blue and white textiles pick up the colors in the ocean view. Nightstands recessed into the wall and a bed fit into the sloping ceiling makes great use of the oddly-shaped attic bedroom

On a console table in the living room sits a Tibetan artifact, a small glass vase holding wild flowers, a small frame with a graphic drawing, and Delft bowls, which inspired the home's textiles

On the piano overlooking the sea is a bust of Marie Antoinette original to the house. Iron and stone furniture
    add warmth to the all-white room. A built-in bookcase with doors keeps a collection contained.

Coveted Crib: A Vision in White | CasaSugar - Home & Garden.

Too.........stark..........white
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I like it-this is an oddly shaped place they have made the most of. The blue blue sea seems a part of the decor.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

It's clear to me that none of these trendy designers or their clients have children.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Very scandinavian, but the white is too harsh.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I always wondered about the interior of Igloo's.

i love it. very calming.
    and i actually find white walls easier than coloured ones. with coloured ones, nicks and scratches show the white underneath, and stains can sometimes be impossible to removed. white walls are much easier to wash. the same with painted floorboards. they can just be scrubbed clean.
    i don't find it particularly child-unfriendly except for that table in the kitchen - those wine bottles would be easy for a toddler to pull down.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i wonder where all the carpets and ceiling lights are... or did they use fluorescent paint?

Looks like the residents wear straightjackets.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't mind this white at all, actually. I still prefer more colour for my own space, but I find this house to be more "seaside cottage" white than "stark plasticky modernist" white. It doesn't look unwelcoming to me, maybe because of the more feminine touches. I think it would be kind of refreshing for a summer house.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Even though I'm not a big fan of so much "whiteness" (I know that is sooo overstated on these design threads) I do like that first picture. It seems like adding some black into the mix balances everything out.

I want to like that kitchen because of the droolworthy size and giant table, but the whole thing just looks so washed out. With that first pic in mind I can't help wondering what it would look like with a black table and/or chairs thrown in the middle of all that whiteness.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love it. very calming.
    and i actually find white walls easier than coloured ones. with coloured ones, nicks and scratches show the white underneath, and stains can sometimes be impossible to removed. white walls are much easier to wash. the same with painted floorboards. they can just be scrubbed clean.
    i don't find it particularly child-unfriendly except for that table in the kitchen - those wine bottles would be easy for a toddler to pull down.
    Ha! Try washing the wax crayon off the walls, the lipstick out of the white soft furnishings, the blackberry juice stains off the beds, the dried-on food dropped on the floor, the sticky fingermarks EVERYWHERE, the dinks and knicks in the woodwork from crashing ride-on toys, the general scuffs, marks of day to day living with small kids. It's a good job white painwork is easy to wipe and scrub because that's what you'd spend your whole life doing LOL
    Dame Edna Everage

^^^^
    well in that case i guess nothing is safe from their grubby little paws. or you just learn to live with the stains for a few years i guess. and cover up the couches except when you have company over.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Exactly! It's much easier to wash a few throws than constantly have the upholstery dry cleaned. After a while you do learn to ignore the grot.
    Dame Edna Everage

Thread Information