Thread: My home decorating and organizing metamorphosis

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Default My home decorating and organizing metamorphosis

I got a ton of things taken care of in my bedroom last night and I've decided that there are some things I would really like to do to make it into my personal sanctuary. I spend my days at work and then home following my son around and then I just hit my bed. My bed was starting to become the place where laundry that wasn't getting folded straight out of the dryer was getting thrown. It sucks...anyway, I'm trying to get all my shit organized and then move on to adding some personal touches to MY room.

I have some rollie drawers that I am going to sort all of my sewing stuff and art supplies into. I've been keeping my canvases in a fish tank... I think once I really get that stuff organized I'll have more time to use it.

I have boxes containing my writing for the last decade; I need to do something with this shit. Scan/OCR... go through and put on the pc.
    Maybe set a goal to go through one notebook a week?

I HAVE TO GET RID OF CLOTHES but I just can't do it; I need someone to come in a just go drill sergeant on my ass.

Any advice anyone? I would like to really be done with this shit soon so I can start doing the fun stuff like paint the walls and make my roman shades that I've been drawing up... for now I'm going to have a Shiner and let my son watch Wonder Pets.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Yes-look carefully at your clothes. Junk anything you haven't worn in a year OR is snagged,you know you don't feel good wearing it,the "silent" dress-where everyone looks at you & glances away. That means the color kills you. Anything else that makes you look slightly frumpy or is the wrong length so you never get to wear it. Torn,etc-toss out. Good,just not for you-haul to Goodwill.
    Next-undies. Any stretched out bras,baggy panties-junk. Any good ones take to Goodwill-they say underwear is needed.
    I learned all this from my sister-who is ruthless-and I wish I could send her over! Just pretend like she is there & go at it! Have fun but get going,Missy!
    OH! Shoes-throw out the ones that hurt or bother you feet. Or are worn on the heels. Ditto purses!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^Yeah, I believe in that rule if you haven't worn it in a year toss it. Any of the clothes bins will do.

I feel that my bedroom is my sanctuary too and after a long day, if I've got clothes on the bed it wrecks it for me. The last thing I want to do is do work when I'm ready to relax.

I try to have the philosophy that everything has its place, but sometimes...
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

No matter how rushed I am in the mornings I always make my bed so that when I get home and go to the bedroom to change, it looks welcoming and clean. I am bad about getting rid of clothes, too, but I did manger to unload 8 bags earlier this year. I need to get rid of at least 8 more.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Funny, McJag, I organized my stocking/ panty drawer last night. I'm pretty good about throwing out old underpants because I have this weird paranoia about what people would see if they were a burglar or whatever and went through my stuff.

Anyway, I have a bag full of old denim and I cannot seem to get rid of it because I just know that maybe I can use it for something for what I have no fucking clue but as soon as I get rid of it I'll an epiphany. I'm going to the room and then it is going in the trunk of my car... this is a big deal for me.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

before leaving on vacation, i finally took the plunge and emptied my closet of all the clothes i don't wear or that don't fit right or that i bought and then regretted and that have just been hanging there. i filled something obscene like 3 massive garbage bags with stuff i didn't want, and that doesn't include the old shoes i also got rid of.
    it was kind of nerve-wracking at first, like i can't believe i'm getting rid of all this, i'm going to regret it, etc... but once i took those bags down the street to the charity shop, i felt a huge weight off my shoulders.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^It also makes you feel good that you're giving it to someone who might need and appreciate it. Think of it this way, you now have some room to buy a few new updated items.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Funny, McJag, I organized my stocking/ panty drawer last night. I'm pretty good about throwing out old underpants because I have this weird paranoia about what people would see if they were a burglar or whatever and went through my stuff.

Anyway, I have a bag full of old denim and I cannot seem to get rid of it because I just know that maybe I can use it for something for what I have no fucking clue but as soon as I get rid of it I'll an epiphany. I'm going to the room and then it is going in the trunk of my car... this is a big deal for me.
    Good for you! You can do this!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information