Thread: City of the future: The giant glass pyramid that could house one million people

Default City of the future: The giant glass pyramid that could house one million people

With its sharp angles and its glass walls shimmering in the sunlight it looks like a piece of modern art.
    But this innovative design is actually a blueprint for the city of the future - a giant glass pyramid that could house up to one million people.
    The development, named the 'Ziggurat', will be self sufficient and carbon neutral with power being supplied by wind turbines.
    No cars will be allowed inside the 2.3 square kilometre building, with residents being whisked around by a monorail network which operates both horizontally and vertically.

The futuristic pyramid could provide homes for around one million people
    Security in the city will be provided by biometrics with residents relying on facial recognition to enter their homes.
    Dubai based designer Timelinks has already patented the design and technology incorporated into the project.
    They have also applied to the European Union for a grant to carry out more work on the project.
    Ridas Matonis, managing director of Timelinks, said the city would work by 'harnessing the power of nature.' He said: "Ziggurat communities can be almost totally self-sufficient energy-wise.
    "Apart from using steam power in the building we will also employ wind turbine technology to harness natural energy resources.

The incredible building will be environmentally friendly with no cars, and will be powered by wind turbines
    But it is not just about reducing the carbon footprint - the pyramid has many other benefits.
    "Whole cities can be accommodated in complexes which take up less than ten per cent of the original land surface.
    "Public and private landscaping will be used for leisure pursuits or irrigated as agricultural land.
    "If these projects were realised today the world would see communities that are sustainable, environmentally friendly and in tune with their natural surroundings."

City of the future: The giant glass pyramid that could house one million people | Mail Online

That's pretty cool!

japan's been working on something similar

Over the hills and far away

That's fucking hideous.

just another freak in the freak kingdom

Why can't we just stop overrunning the planet with out-of-control population growth and all end up living in a smaller and more manageable world where there are adequate resources for everybody?

I could never live in that awful thing. I bet the apartments are like ghastly little matchboxes. And who gets the window units? Not ordinary people, that's for sure.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Canada baby!

Who would want to live in that?!
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Just think...clean air, little byproducts and not having to worry about high gas prices....Sounds good to me!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

It looks like a Bond villain hideout.
    They say it's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me, I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember even if I don't write it down. -
    Tallulah Bankhead

Thread Information