Thread: Moonstruck house sells for $4 million

Default Moonstruck house sells for $4 million

The Brooklyn townhouse featured in the Oscar-winning film "Moonstruck" has sold for nearly $4 million.

The anonymous buyers closed last week on the four-story, 4,160-square-foot home at the corner of Cranberry and Willow streets in Brooklyn Heights.

Architect Edwards Rullman and his wife, Francesca, had owned the elegant brick house since 1959 and raised a family there. The couple first put it on the market in January 2006 for an asking price of $5 million.

"They wanted a family that would take care of it and appreciate it," said Corcoran's Elliott Lokitz, who brokered the deal. "Fortunately, we were able to find them and everybody was happy."

The house became a tourist attraction in 1987 with the release of "Moonstruck," starring Cher as a bookkeeper who is torn between her fiancť and his brother.

In one scene, Best Supporting Actress Oscar-winner Olympia Dukakis stands outside the home with a male suitor, who comments, "My God, it's a mansion!"

"It's a house," Dukakis replies.

In another scene, Cher kicks a can down Cranberry St. in front of the house.

Lokitz said the house's connection to Hollywood is not why the new owners bought it.

"I'm sure they knew about it, but it had nothing to do with the sale," Lokitz said. "They just loved the house and the location."

Olga Petersen Valentine, 80, who has lived in the neighborhood for 45 years, said the Rullmans have retired to their vacation home out of state.

"I met the lady who just moved in. She's a very nice lady and they have two children," Valentine said. "This is really great when a nice family moves into a neighborhood like this."

Valentine fondly recalled the movie's filming, saying, "I asked what was going on, and this tiny girl asked me if I lived around here and if I'd like a cup of coffee. I asked her what her name was. She told me she was Cher," she said. "She was absolutely delightful."

It's a $4M sale for the 'Moonstruck' pad
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I loved that house in the movie. So homey.

Garden State

I loved the fact that everyone was welcome at the dinner table.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to meÖ.it only means the night is coming.

^^ Except Grandpa's dogs!

Thread Information