Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwen Stefani's old digs

Default Gwen Stefani's old digs

According to Big Time, the former home of Gwen Stefani, and current home of That '70s Show creator Mark Brazill is on the market for nearly $4.9 million. Built in 1928, Sotheby's calls it "one of the finest Mediterranean estates in Los Feliz." With Moroccan-looking tiles throughout, many original architectural details, as well as magnificent landscaping, it truly is stunning. While certain elements of the interior design do enhance its appeal, the architectural bones of this 1920s Mediterranean home are what elevate it to Coveted Crib status.

Texture Over Color | CasaSugar - Home & Garden.

I would change a lot of things - but yeah, I do like it a lot more than many other celeb homes. It has great bones and isn't too stuffy.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

too stuffy for me.. bleeeeeech.. it looks like a museum, not a home
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I like the arch and floor tiles and the staircase. No no to the pink wicker chairs in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    too stuffy for me.. bleeeeeech.. it looks like a museum, not a home
    Exactly, I would feel comfortable, like I was at home. It is very STERILE!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

This home deserves a lot of warm, glowy color. Far too much white-ness.

Overall, I really like this place. I hate some of the furnishings (kitchen table and chairs, for example), but others really work. I hate the floor tiles, tho.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I hate the tiled kitchen counter (and bathroom) style that is so prevalent in Southern California. (Anyone know what that style is called?) The grout just gets stained and dirty, and who wants to clean large areas of grout on a regular basis?

I do love the clawfoot tub, though not in black. The rest of the house has a decidedly Turkish/Moroccan style that I'm not feeling. It does make it seem museum-y and not exactly comfortable.

Gold Member

I'm not crazy about the furniture but the house is stunning. I LOVE older houses, particularly from around 1900-1940. They really knew how to build them back then.

In some areas of this city, they're still tearing down houses from that era with their high-quality materials and pier-and-beam foundations and replacing them with cheap, inferior houses built purely for square footage....on SLABS.

So insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I'm not crazy about the furniture but the house is stunning. I LOVE older houses, particularly from around 1900-1940. They really knew how to build them back then.

In some areas of this city, they're still tearing down houses from that era with their high-quality materials and pier-and-beam foundations and replacing them with cheap, inferior houses built purely for square footage....on SLABS.

So insulting.
    Tell me about it (as you probably already know) we're building a house & we required to remove a rock that the (old) gable end rested on (and had for the 300 yrs since it was built) to be replace with concrete... because that won't last as long! The building control people are just idiots at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I hate the tiled kitchen counter (and bathroom) style that is so prevalent in Southern California. (Anyone know what that style is called?) The grout just gets stained and dirty, and who wants to clean large areas of grout on a regular basis?
    From the way its decorated it looks like it might be a replacement of the original Art Deco tile (see photos below to illustrate point! )

I like the house, would probably change the deco, I agree about not feeling the Moroccan feel of it.

However, I love the tiles in the hall (bottom photo) and esp the end tiles of the step with a pattern on instead of plain. Nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

Free Charmed.

i love the interior of the house though i'm not crazy about the dark wood or the staircase. the kitchen and bathrooms are fantastic though.
    all the furniture needs to be destroyed, it is seriously ugly. especially the bed. horrible light fixtures too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like the tiles on the steps in the last picture too. Our house has those on the porch steps. Has more of a Spanish (or mediterranean?) feel to it.

I love it!
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

I like the bones of the place, but the decor is way too vanilla for me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I would need to put shades on to walk around in that place.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information