Thread: Grr Pottery Barn grrrr

Gold Member

Default Grr Pottery Barn grrrr

I got these sea life-themed magnets from Pottery Barn and the starfish one was BROKEN when I took it out of the box. Pissed. They were charging $16.00 for FOUR magnets, the least they could do is...y'know...be QUALITY.

A*O

I totally agree. $4 each is outrageous for such shoddy quality. Take them back and demand a refund.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I totally agree. $4 each is outrageous for such shoddy quality. Take them back and demand a refund.
    I will. Everything's fucking made in China nowadays, it drives me nuts; can't count on the quality of anything these days.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Who cares if they were made in China; just don't eat them! You might do yourself one better if you call the customer service number instead of taking them to the store... they may even throw an extra piece of crap in for you!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Who cares if they were made in China; just don't eat them! You might do yourself one better if you call the customer service number instead of taking them to the store... they may even throw an extra piece of crap in for you!
    Oooh good idea, I may just do that.

THIS FOOD IS TERRIBLE, I CAN'T EVEN FINISH IT!! Now put it in a take-home box because I'm leaving!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! CHINESE SEA-LIFE THEMED MAGNETS ARE TRYING TO POISON YOU, AND KILL YOUR CHILDREN!!!

it sooo fits in with the 'Chinese products are hazardous' threads I could not resist.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

And rape them, don't forget!

So anyway, what did you end up doing about your defective magnets?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    And rape them, don't forget!

So anyway, what did you end up doing about your defective magnets?
    Nothing yet. I'll let you know. I'll probably go to Pottery Barn today; the mall is less than a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    OMG! CHINESE SEA-LIFE THEMED MAGNETS ARE TRYING TO POISON YOU, AND KILL YOUR CHILDREN!!!

it sooo fits in with the 'Chinese products are hazardous' threads I could not resist.
    I didn't say they were hazardous; just that they were low-quality, which they are.

Just in the last week my fiance had to return a computer monitor (made in China, of course) because it was faulty. He exchanged it for a good one. Late last year I had to do the same thing with a spot scrubber (made in China) for the same reason. It seems like I have to return a lot more faulty merchandise than I used to, and the common theme here is it's all made in China. It pisses me off because it's inconvenient for me, a pain in the ass for stores (who pass the cost along to us), and so goddamn unnecessary. It's all so companies can increase their profit margins.

I don't trust Chinese manufacturing at all. It's shit. They can't build things for shit anymore either; just look at the devastation wrought by the earthquake. If you put up buildings without any rebar or not enough rebar and shoddy concrete, they'll practically dissolve in an earthquake which is exactly what happened.

China needs to get its shit together. Pronto.
    Last edited by Tati; May 17th, 2008 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I don't trust Chinese manufacturing at all. It's shit. They can't build things for shit anymore either; just look at the devastation wrought by the earthquake. If you put up buildings without any rebar or not enough rebar and shoddy concrete, they'll practically dissolve in an earthquake which is exactly what happened.

China needs to get its shit together. Pronto.

It has been. That's why they've been sucking up oil, steel, and other construction materials. And once they get there, we'll all be fucked! We'll have to buy their poisonous, rickety shit because we won't have a choice! Boycott their shit now!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    It has been. That's why they've been sucking up oil, steel, and other construction materials. And once they get there, we'll all be fucked! We'll have to buy their poisonous, rickety shit because we won't have a choice! Boycott their shit now!
    Heh...good luck! Almost everything is made in China nowadays. I do look for goods made elsewhere and I buy American whenever I can, but it's getting to be very difficult. As a consumer my choices have been taken away from me and I resent it.

^^ I know, I was at Target looking for an item. Every item in every brand was made in China. Target is just an expensive Wal-Mart at this point.

Thread Information