Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Before & After gardens

Default Before & After gardens

I thought it would be a good idea to see our gardens before spring has completely sprung and after pics of our gardens when they are blooming to full bloom.

Here is mine, very depressing right now but hopefully winter wasn't too bad on it.

Here is my sedum starting to pop out.

Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I love your idea!! I don't think I get to play this year, even though we had snow less that a month ago,I have flowers blooming everywhere!
    Love your gazebo,too. If it is suddenly missing,check my yard first!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Oh please play. I need encouragement to get through these couple of bleak weeks.

I do have to make a decision about by beautiful pansies-they are so cheery-yellow w/purple faces surrounding deep purple. Problem is,I know with the first semi-hot day they are going to crater. All at once. So I have to be ruthless & junk them in their prime. I cannot decide what to replace them with! Got to be something ok for zone 8(some say 7) and good for hot blasting sun. Any suggestions? Oh! And my house is red Chicago Brick,so red fades in.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

How about -

Improved Golden Sedum

Excellent for hot, dry sites! Lowgrowing plants have succulent leaves, require little care once established. Space plants 12-18" apart.
    Smothered with dazzling yellow, star-shaped flowers in late spring to early summer. Plants grow 6-9" tall. S. kamtschaticum

Deer Resistant
    Zone 3 to 9

Or -

Rudbeckia Toto

Classic Black-eyed Susan form, but with jumbo, 3-5" blooms on plants just 6-10" tall! Resistant to harsh weather, Rudbeckia Toto flowers from early summer to frost, giving you plenty of high quality blooms for cutting.

Diminutive plants spread 8-12", just right for containers, borders and rock gardens.

Shipped in 3" pot. Deer tend to avoid.

Rudbeckia hirta 'Toto'

Zone 4 to 9

Or -

Homestead Purple Verbena

Rich purple flower clusters cover lush foliage from spring to frost. Grows 8-12" high and 12-18" wide with a cascading habit. Happy in heat and sun. Use in borders, pots or in rock gardens. Verbena canadensis ‘Homestead Purple’
    Deer Resistant
    Zone 6 to 10

Homestead Purple Verbena

Rich purple flower clusters cover lush foliage from spring to frost. Grows 8-12" high and 12-18" wide with a cascading habit. Happy in heat and sun. Use in borders, pots or in rock gardens. Verbena canadensis ‘Homestead Purple’
    Deer Resistant
    Zone 6 to 10

This is my Choice or Vote!I am picking these because they are beautiful, and Purple..Purple is my favorite color!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Cute garden, I like your seating area, not sure what they are called though

The gazebo is so gorgeous, sweetpea.. I hope I get to have such a quaint place of my own one day

I have scarlet & purple verbena in my back yard now-they are wonderful. I am loving the yellow sedum & the toto rudbeckia idea. You know, the purple verbena mixed in would look pretty great,too. Thanks everyone!!

That's what I was thinking mixing them together. I love the purple too. My garden, if it comes back is the cool tones. Pink, Purple (blue) and white. I want pics McJag.

My husband and his brother built the Gazebo and deck after I made this garden. They used to joke and say it was the long and winding garden to nowhere. They'll love that you all like it.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This is a great idea; I'm a bit ashamed of what my front yard looks like; the grass is green but the planters are still looking rough and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    That's what I was thinking mixing them together. I love the purple too. My garden, if it comes back is the cool tones. Pink, Purple (blue) and white. I want pics McJag.

My husband and his brother built the Gazebo and deck after I made this garden. They used to joke and say it was the long and winding garden to nowhere. They'll love that you all like it.
    SweetPea-do you have daffodils planed back there? Seems with a bunch of bulbs and one rainy day, you could cover that whole area for an ealy spring WOW!

We need to see pictures Just Kill Me. Before is always straggly and after beautiful blooms.

McJag, I have all perennials just waiting to burst out (fingers crossed) and then I fill in a little with impatiens. I have the 3 season garden with some spring, some summer, and some fall spread out intermittently. I do have some daffodils just now coming up.

How about -

Improved Golden Sedum

Excellent for hot, dry sites! Lowgrowing plants have succulent leaves, require little care once established. Space plants 12-18" apart.
    Smothered with dazzling yellow, star-shaped flowers in late spring to early summer. Plants grow 6-9" tall. S. kamtschaticum

Deer Resistant
    Zone 3 to 9

Or -

Rudbeckia Toto

Classic Black-eyed Susan form, but with jumbo, 3-5" blooms on plants just 6-10" tall! Resistant to harsh weather, Rudbeckia Toto flowers from early summer to frost, giving you plenty of high quality blooms for cutting.

Diminutive plants spread 8-12", just right for containers, borders and rock gardens.

Shipped in 3" pot. Deer tend to avoid.

Rudbeckia hirta 'Toto'

Zone 4 to 9

Or -

Homestead Purple Verbena

Deer Resistant
    Zone 6 to 10
    i've never planted sedum, but i have planted both rudbeckia & verbena. they do awesome in hot, afternoon sun!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

We need to see pictures Just Kill Me. Before is always straggly and after beautiful blooms.
    I'll take some this evening... oh man the front planter is SAD... very very sad!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information