Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is your designated Messy Zone?

Default Where is your designated Messy Zone?

Casa Query: Where Is Your Designated Messy Zone?

In an interview with Martha Stewart in a back issue of Domino, she was asked if she had a designated messy zone in her home. Her response: a decided no, sans any explanation. It's understandable that answering affirmatively might tarnish the homemaking queen bee's image, and I'm sure she has plenty of help keeping her abode spic and span. But a little mess here and there is nothing to be bashful about; it makes us all seem more human. Do you have a designated messy zone? And if so, where is it?

PopSugar
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I am very, very Monk-ish. I know, I know, even Monica Geller has her messy room, but I don't. It would kill me. Can't stand disorder.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Spare bedroom where the computer/office. It seems to be the dumping ground. Right now, there's an old dresser, which is full of stuff, a toilet (bathroom remodeling going on), an ugly ass vase, old dish network receiver, various bathroom items since the remodel. Also, all out papers, junk mail, etc... I try to clean the paper every couple of weeks.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

my bedroom. i keep the rest of the flat pretty tidy but the bedroom is another matter... there's a chair that always ends up being covered in clothes, and basically it serves as a dumping ground for stuff i don't want cluttering up the living room and kitchen.
    eta: the kitchen table is another dumping ground. it's pretty big (seats about 8) so half of it is usually covered in papers and books and my laptop an serves as a de facto home office.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Laundry room. It's usually covered in clothes, recycling boxes, tools, boxes of misc to be sorted, boxes that I haven't gotten around to taking to Goodwill, craft items, tack, out of season items. In a pinch everything else gets shoved in there too while the rest of the house looks great. It gets tackled when the path to the washer gets too narrow.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Bedroom.

I generally keep the rest of the place clean in case of visitors but the bedroom is my relaxing place, and to me, cleaning is anything but relaxing.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

My office is usually cluttered, although I try to keep it from getting too overboard. The dining room tends to get the boxes for good will, things to go to storage, etc.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

According to my husband, every zone is a messy, mile-high clutter zone. His closets are horrendous. Things tend to get stacked up in my office, but I try in vain to organize it. MY half is neat and tidy and I go through my mounds of paper at least every couple of months. Hubby's half is a marvel of messiness.

My room is a disaster zone.. dishes, laundry (clean and dity in their respective hampers.. like i put any of it away) oh the chair, floor, behind the bed, under the bed.. you name it.. cd's, dvd's, books, random stuff.. mostly encrusted with filth of some kind...

the rest of the apartment is pretty clean..it's a public area
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

Kids' bedrooms - I just shut the doors now so I don't have to look.

I am about to have a major de-clutter using my 2 Year Rule. Anything we haven't worn, used, needed, read, watched, listened to, remembered we even had in the last 2 years goes OUT. It's very cathartic.
    Why do people say "Grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

Kids' bedrooms - I just shut the doors now so I don't have to look
    Haha thats what I do when I walk past my brothers bedrooms. The rest of the house is spotless and their rooms just ruin the pleasant mood I'm in when the house is tidy.

I can't stand unswept floors, dirty dishes have to go straight into the dishwasher, and I hate it when clothes are lying around. Oh, and the bathroom is a disaster zone - who knew looking at towels could be so annoying? I also cant stand clutter, or bits of paper everywhere.

my computer desk. everything in the free world lands here. i have to clean it once a week (and thats because hub makes me)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Usually I'm decently tidy but lately my small walk-in closet has been suffering. I have been closing the door on the mess, but I am going to try to fix the situation this weekend.

The entire house is the messy zone! Mostly the basement and garage, though... I still can't believe how much shit we have smashed in there that we haven't even unpacked yet.

I have an extra bedroom that is lovingly referred to as 'The Crap Room'. Mostly full of workout equipment and out of season clothing. It's pretty clean right now since I had to clean it up before the relatives arrived. I give it a month before it goes back to looking like 'The Crap Room'.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information