Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like IKEA?

Question Do you like IKEA?

Do you like this shop? I think it has some good stuff at good prices. And you can get things which are abit different from other stores.

I want to make over my bedroom and don't want to spend lots so it's good in that respect.

I was wondering though if it is the same experience in every store worldwide, do you find it is all one way and there are arrows around to guide you? Some people get trolley rage.

Ikea is great when you're on a pretty strict budget, and if you view the stuff you get as temporary. I've had some stuff from there that fell apart within a year or 2, and stuff that's still hanging on 5 years later. I did a lot of dorm room decorating from Ikea, and I'm sure that when I move into my first apartment my first furniture will be a mix of thrift store finds and Ikea stuff.

I've only been to the one near my house, but the signs are all pretty clear.

i love ikea! as long as you don't go on a saturday when everyone with kids goes, it's a lot of fun. walking around all the little model rooms and a lot of their stuff is really nice, simple, colourful scandinavian desing, for cheap. as long as you don't buy everything there and end up with an apartment that looks like it came out of their catalogue, i think it's a great store. i have so much stuff from ikea and yeah, the quality isn't great but since i move quite a bit it doesn't bother me. if i owned my own place and was looking for stuff to furnish it that will last ages, it would be different. i love their tableware and kitchen stuff - pots, pans, accessories, napkins, storage jars...
    so while the quality is an issue, bottom line is they have pretty great design for cheap, which is way better than most of the other chain stores, at least the ones here. there isn't much choice here - no habitat or target, for example. the only non butt ugly or way too expensive alternative here is interio
    their design isn't as nice but the quality is much better for things like mattresses (the ones at ikea suck!) and closets.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ikea's good for filling in the gaps in your decor. The customer service in the store is frustratingly poor though (sales staff runs lean) but I guess that's part of how they keep the prices low.

SVZ

Cheap cheap stuff, that looks decent

I do not really like the 'Danish Modern' style of furniture-I tend to like more traditional pieces. I would be more likely to get a piece of furniture at an antique store I think. But for some of the smaller things and filler stuff they are ok I guess. Just not a huge fan of contemporary design. but individual pieces might be ok. I guess I actually like 'eclectic'
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Ikea has some nice stuff at reasonable prices, and it can be a fun place to shop, but a lot of their stuff is just too funky for me.

I can spend hours there shopping and eating in their cafeteria and, unfortunately, also getting lost. Trolley rage? I haven't seen it, but it does get pretty frustrating at times. I don't remember any arrows, but I've had to consult their maps many times and often still can't figure out where I am or where I'm going. I don't go there unless I have at least an hour to spend.

I mix Ikea with old stuff and I love it. My life would be empty without Swedish mass products. HM and IKEA rule!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    My life would be empty without Swedish mass products. HM and IKEA rule!
    lol same here! though the quality of h&m has really gone downhill in the last 5 years or so.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've been to there site looking for something to put my clothes in.. never been
    to their store. It's a little cheap looking for me but they have some great
    prices.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    The customer service in the store is frustratingly poor though (sales staff runs lean) but I guess that's part of how they keep the prices low.
    I've had the opposite experience with that. I've had wonderful service experiences there. Quick and easy exchanges or replacement of missing parts.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Twitchy, I guess every store is different. Perhaps I've generalized but I've had similar customer service experiences at the Atlanta, GA and Elizabeth, NJ stores.

^^^
    i've always gotten good service too. though i think they put some extra effort into the store closest to me becasue the owner and founder of ikea lives nearby (he's swedish but lives in switzerland for tax reasons).

I LOVE IKEA! (As long as I don't have to assemble the furniture myself )

I wouldn't buy all my furniture there, though. Right now, we have a huge
    wardrobe (PAX, you know, one of Fishlip's and Shitt's rainbox kids) and
    a huge wall unit (Bonde), as well as a dining set from IKEA and a nice
    wall unit (IVAR) which we've painted white in the computer room.
    The storage is great and they don't look cheap at all. The IVAR and BONDE
    are over a decade old and the PAX is into its second year.

Good value for money, IMO.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I've been looking at IKEA more and more lately to help furnish my new apartment...I like what I see so far.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information