View Poll Results: Artificial plants..yes or no?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like them

7 22.58%
  • No I hate them

20 64.52%
  • They are ok..

4 12.90%
  • What are artificial plants?

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artificial indoor plants..yay or nay?

Default Artificial indoor plants..yay or nay?

Ok.I like artificial plants(the high end ones). I used to work at an artificial plant place..and briefly had my own business making and selling artifical bonsai trees. I still have a couple (high quality) artifical ficus in this place..and a number of smaller 'fake' plants as well. I also have tended to blend them in with live plants..and some people could not tell the difference.

Anyway this place is dark and shady and the only place live plants will grow is in my dining room. I think that if they are not too overwhelming and are quality made and carefully placed that artificial(I am talking foliage here.not flowering) plants like fake ficus are ok..and even desirable.

What do you think?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I've seen some pretty nice fakes, but I've never owned any. I have a fairly decent green thumb, so I've never really needed fakes.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

neither yay, nor nay, but GAY
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My mom has had the same artificial ficus since before I was born. I'd be damned if I were ever forced to take that fake mossy stuff out of the bottom... theres probably dead animals in there.

i don't like fake plants at all...you can always tell they're fake when you look up close.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I hate 'em because they get dusty and faded. I have found a couple houseplants that are just about impossible to kill so I stick with those.

I just don't understand the concept, plants that aren't plants.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Sorry Soji, looks like no one likes your fake plants or your taste in men. I wonder what Freud would say.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

when you have little ones then plastic is real handy or you would have a nekkid tree standing in the corner.

Gold Member

I have a fake lavender one in my bathroom, it was a gift from my sister in law. It is very realistic. But I hate fake plats and flowers with a passion.

The thing that annoys me about it, is my husband loves it and everyone that sees our unit for the first time compliments me on it. I have had 4 raves about it this week.

I am hoping it gets dropped when we move on 5 February.

We have them in our house (it's a rental) because the owners/landlords left them behind. We have vaulted ceilings and they are way up on a ledge. They look nice up there and I certainly won't be moving them. Up close, I don't know that I would care for them.

I've seen some that I had real problems telling of they're real or not! If you're going for those kind (and it sounds like you are seeing as you mention "high end") go for it!
    I have a friend who proclaims to have a "black thumb" (i.e. kills every plant he touches, I won't even let him look at my greenhouse...) and he has some & they actually look OK. I think its the dust that puts me off....
    Free Charmed.

I have 2 artificial ficus. One looks very real, but the other one I'm thinking of replacing with something that will grow with very low lighting, maybe a corn plant. I would love a fern but they never survive with me, even in the steaming bathroom.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Ok..so mine are really more medium end..I gave away or sold the high end..And I do not care what y'all say I LOVE MY FAKE PLANTS AND TREES and think they look good.

*Now I will NEVER post any indoor pic of this place ..NEVER!*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Awww, c'mon. We wanna see your place, we just don't want anymore shirtless Corey pics mmmkay?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information