Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BRRRR! What time of year do you start turning on the heater?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Question BRRRR! What time of year do you start turning on the heater?

Well it's Fall Equinox this weekend and just now I got a chill and started thinking about firing up my heater.

I started wondering how many other people are turning on their heaters. Just a silly, mindless question

Aussies need not gloat that it's almost Spring down undah, lol

Well, after being chilly for the past two weeks at night and experiencing cold temps during the day yesterday and today, I broke down last night. It used to be that we could have the heat off from the end of May to the end of September but in spite of global warming, Vancouver has been getting colder and colder. We had the heat on until nearly the end of June and never made it to October.

Ours got turned on last week when we had a cold patch. It's back in the 80's now though so it's not getting much use at the moment.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I turned it on the a couple weeks ago overnight. By the looks of the extended forecast, I'll be turning it on Monday night, and every night next week. The lows are supposed to be from the 29-34 degrees.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow, where do you live?! I think I'm being a wuss, this always happens at beginning of season. And I like my windows open for fresh air as much as possible.

PB, can't believe you only stop using the heater for 10 weeks a year, lol. And NoDay, we've had warm weather all week too. And SF was gorgeous the whole time I was there. Sigh. I love summer.

It's still close to 90 here everyday and at night it's in the low 70's, so no heater. It probably won't get switched on until at least November.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Our heat bills are ginormous. I mean, I'm wearing sweat pants, a heavy cotton sweater, plus socks and sheepskin slippers -- I'm hardly swanning about in my nightie! It was warm until Monday, then it was sunny but chilly, then it monsooned -- I was actually caught in a flash flood at school earlier this week -- and now it's just miserable, wet and cold. And it's only the beginning. We didn't have much summer, either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Wow, where do you live?! I think I'm being a wuss, this always happens at beginning of season. And I like my windows open for fresh air as much as possible.

PB, can't believe you only stop using the heater for 10 weeks a year, lol. And NoDay, we've had warm weather all week too. And SF was gorgeous the whole time I was there. Sigh. I love summer.
    I live by Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Gorgeous country, but nipply nights.

i live in San Diego, our heater isnt even hooked up. <ducking>
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

You better duck, girl! lol

Today 92-tomorrow 93. Not heading for a chilly fall yet!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Jesus already? It's still in the 90's here too. Though we had a sweet few days or so after a rainy spell where it actually stayed in the 80's. Probably not gonna be thinking about the heater for another month at least. But probably longer. I'm actually looking forward to being able to open the windows again in about a month. So I guess about 2 months from now? (maybe)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm in Laguna Niguel, CA and it's cold here. I used to live on the beach in Laguna and it was pretty cold there. Cold to me, mind you, is anything below 70. We have that big, electric heating dish from Costco that we plug in until the temps outside are in the low 60's and 50's, then we crank on the central heat. Lucky for us, it's really only cold at night or when it rains.

I never mess with our air conditioner/heater. My mom turns the heat on... whenever. Because whenever she goes in the basement to work, she gets cold, so therefore has to turn up the heat and let me and her boyfriend suffocate upstairs... Even during the summer.

She freakin' wonders why I'm sweaty all the time. >_>;

I've started putting the heating on in the evenings this past week or two. Our bedroom gets FREEZING. I always turn it off before I go to bed though no matter what the weather. I usually don't bother in the mornings when I am heading out to work, no matter how bitter - rushing around, hot shower, blow dryer, don't have time to feel cold.

BTW I'm in north of Scotland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information